• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I rewrap a model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to rewrap the crypt model with some of the Human building textures to make an abbey style building (like what Ujimasa Hojo does), but I don't know how to do this or even if I'm searching the proper terms. What tools do I use, what is the process/where can I find a tutorial, and what is the process called?

Level 28
You'll need a software such as Gmax, Matrix Eater or Mdlvis for that. Basically what you need to do is detach the geoest that you want to have a different texture and then assign that geoset to a material that links to the texture you want for it. Afterwards you reunwrap the geoset using one of the tools mentioned above.
Here's a tutorial that should help you understand how its done : Unwrapping UVW Textures on a 3D Model

Status
Not open for further replies.