• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I remove the shadow of an item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I made some custom items using custom models.
But there's a shadow of the item that doesn't fit to the model.

So, how can I remove that shadow?

Attachments

• FTW Shadows.jpg
    FTW Shadows.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 97
Hah, I never thought of removing the shadow of an item, yet here you are to wake me up. Well, as far as I can see, you can't. If you are about to be moving this item via triggers, then you can make a custom unit for Neutral Passive and go to "Stats - Targeted as", untick all and then tick "Item". If you are not going to move it via triggers, make a custom destructible, remove its shadow (same goes to the unit solution) and Stats - Targeted as untick all and then tick "Item". Both cases let you cast the shadow you want on that and also give you the ability for that unit/destructible to be treated as an item. Then, implement a trigger that detects when a unit is issued an order targeting an object and when the unit is near the custom unit/destructible, use Hero - Create Item and give it to Unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.