• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I prevent Necroposting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey guys, this is me the epic guy. Anyway, it happened to me so many times already, not just in the Hive. I like reading threads and when I got interested to one, I reply. But then I realize that the thread is months/years old already, and if you will read the thread it looks like a guy from the future answered the questions of people from 1000 BD (Before the Dinosaurs). Yeah, I know how to look on the date of the thread and the date of the last reply it got. But I still can't help it. I wanna post replies.

Level 22
Don't log in, you won't be able to post but you'll still be able to read the thread's contents.

Level 22
Block the reply url on your hosts file and disable javascript on your browser, that might work.

Level 22
@karassu:
super_feels.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Not necroposting is easy...
1. Read the topic's creation date, if it says something like 23000 B.C. then chances are it is extinct.
2. Read the last post's date. If is something not in the current year like 25/07/1999 then clearly it is a dead topic.
3. Can you even post a reply? Many sites such as Hive Workshop run an automatic thread closure policy to prevent necroposting. If you cannot reply you cannot necropost.
4. Necroposting is not always bad, some times topics disserve to be resurrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.