• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i get permission?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys... Im kinda new here..
Im making a RPG map for war3.. and im using several models from here. :grin:

But as they've all said, i need to take permission from them to use them? But how do i get permission?

I PMed them for that.. but didnt get any replies.. :(

And there are slight editing in those models i need to make too... so i definately need permission for that right? so how am i supposed to get permission?? im kinda stuck with the map because of this issue..

But as they've all said, i need to take permission from them to use them? But how do i get permission?
To just use the models you don't need permission. Just put the author in your credits and you're done.

And there are slight editing in those models i need to make too... so i definately need permission for that right? so how am i supposed to get permission?? im kinda stuck with the map because of this issue..
Yeah, you need permission to edit someone's model unless they say somewhere that it's fine.

Usually if it's just a small tweak it's fine as long as you don't redistribute and still give credit.

Level 1
well hehe.. :D
I have 10 hero models, all from members here. and my map has the weapon visible system when pickup/dropped.. for that i need to remove all the weapons from the models. well that u can say 'a small tweak'..

But theres 1 other thing.. I want all of those models recreated mounted on some animal. like a warrior on a horse.. a hunter on a wolf... like that.. So how can i do that?
need permission right?

Status
Not open for further replies.