• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do I make the AI use abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Helloo, I'm new to the warcraft 3 map editor and I haven't been able to figure out how to make the computer cast spells. I've tried a simple trigger that I've found online, but it hasn't worked for me. The unit is a custom unit, and I'm trying to have them cast an already-existing spell. It is a colored hero unit too, if that means anything. I know this has been asked before, but even after reading through some of them, it hasn't solved it for me yet because I'm so clueless with triggers

Level 28
You can order directly a unit to cast spells via trigger, the simpliest way is (Order unit to "Ability Name"...)
Do note that some costum abilities may not be able for cast using that method ^^.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.