• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I make Illidan fly? -Noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm using metamorphosis as a base for an ability that will cause Illidan to fly. I have it set up so that the ability's alternate form unit is the custom unit of Illidan flying (which has multiple spells that the normal Illidan doesn't have, if that matters), however, whenever I try to activate the spell it says ERROR and the game crashes. Do I need to change the dependency or what?

I am using the custom Illidan flying model for the flight form

Level 8
Find your unit, and chance everything witch is pink
Air.jpg

- Have a nice day

What you want to do is make the hero that illidan morphs into a flying unit.

You can do this by changing the movement height and making the movement type "Flying"

In the metamorphosis ability, change the unit that he morph to, to be the flying unit you have created. Be sure that unit is also a hero or the spell will crash. If you just want the metamorphosed unit to fly, change the illidan (special) unit to a flying unit and adjust the movement height as earlier stated.

Level 12
First: Done - you got the model.
Second: Take the Demon Hunter (Morphed) unit, give it the model and make it fly (by changing move type, move height, shadow type, targeted as, etc.).
Third: To make the Metamorphosis effective you'll need to see if the Dependency equivalents are correct (meaning normal Illidan has morphed Illidan and the opposite), and you'll need to give both units the morph ability (which will also have to be corrected: alternate form unit and such).
Now sit back you should, and tell us of any further problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.