• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do I make buildings build like human buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, what I always do is just base the worker off of a peasant and edit from there. However, I believe that changing the 'Race' of the unit to 'Human' should work as well. But to be safe, I always use the Peasant as the base unit and edit anything i want (except the build ability and race)
Also, using human buildings as the default building for your custom building that you would like to be built would also be a good precaution. Although I am not sure if this has an effect either way

Level 12
Thanks for the help, I can't set it to human or else in the world editor it would look weird, I will try re-making the worker as a peasant. If not, I suppose I will have to redo all the buildings as human buildings. xD

ONE MORE QUESTION: How can I make Sentinal work on units instead of trees? i tried just unckecking tree and checking friendly, but the hero just plays his casting animation and nothing happens.

Edit: The reason why having the worker as human is bad for me is because I already have a complete race under human custom...Another thing, since it is a human unit it has the human build icon by default instead of the undead, and I'd rather not take the time each time I re-use this race to change the default to undead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.