• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How do I make a custom AI to play melee using campaign units and buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'm making my own skirmish/melee map using the World Editor. I've edited lots of objects and made it so both the player and AI can potentially train campaign units and build campaign structures. How do I make AI recognize those units/buildings and use them in game?
Right now when I load the map and the AI it doesn't do anything beside gathering resources. I imported the object data into AI window but from what I understand I need to create an entirely new AI to make it work?
Any advice will be appreciated T_T

Level 2
Yes, you need to write an entirely new AI and import them. This applies to all four races.
I know, but how am I going to do it? Are the links posted by Standhaft a good source to follow?
And how complex is it? How long will it take me to make AI for a single skirmish/melee game?
Can't I just import an AI that someone else already made?

Level 11
AI using the AI editor isn't something most wc3 modders do. It's rather specifically for melee (ie, normal wc3 rts gameplay) maps. It's not even that good for highly modified melee maps; regular triggers are often used instead.

Follow those links is all I can say. I don't know anything about the AI editor myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.