• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make AI build custom units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i whanna make an ai that builds many difrent units (i know to use ai editor) but i cannot sellect more then the orginal units... please help me how to get ai custom units constructed

u get reputation! :thumbs_up:

Level 13
you can use triggers
  • Events
    • choose any when the AI should start to build
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - order barrack to tain/upgrade to A soldier
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit finishes training of a unit
  • Conditions
    • unit type of training Unit is a barrack
  • Actions
    • Unit - order training Unit to train/upgrade to a Soldier

Level 4
ok after that trigger , how can i let them built THE custom unit i'v made in object editor? and will the ai always build it when the unit dies? some ai's give-up

Level 13
well change "soldier" to the unit you like, you can select every unit you like, please look around a little in object/trigger editor, its hard to explain if you don't look at it by yourself

second thing, i don't really know what you mean, but this has nothing to do with AI editor

Level 4
ah , ok when the trigger is acitvated , then the ai will loop build or only once? like making the trigger doe's multiple actions (loop)

Level 4
ah , ok... i'm so sorry i feel like disturbing you :S but i just whanna learn how to make a super strong ai... here's my last question for now

Conditions

unit type of training Unit is a barrack

i dont have this in my conditions

Level 4
ok , anyways can u make a trigger for me? then i can view it somehow and learn about it and where things need to be placed... u can attack the trigger here if u want (or map including trigger)
and i will apreciete it! and if ur in it u can make a map with a super strong ai (when u are intrested) then we 2 can play (if u want) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.