• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How do I do a GUI trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I wanted to make a custom skill and the dude told me how to do it. Than he told me for the action I would need to learn how to do GUI triggers. So how would I do a GUI trigger for a trigger skill, and if there is any other way to doing it (without GUI triggers or another way to do it with GUI triggers) can you teach me it. Like I said in the other fourm I posted. I want to learn as much as I can so I can make the best game I can possibly make!:thumbs_up:

Level 6
Well first step would be reading an tutorial, learn basic triggering, then advance on Triggering skills. Have a look into the Tutorial Section. There is another way, its called jass, but i suggest to start with GUI stuff.

The Triggers are found at the small yellow "a" in the World Editor.

Level 1
GUI is the standard triggers that you would normally use via the trigger editor (selecting events, conditions, and actions) don't start too big before you've tried smaller things first (I learned that the hard way). Also you may want to check on sites like wc3campaigns.net or thehelper.net, or even hiveworkshop theres plenty of great tutorials on all these sites. Happy triggering!

Status
Not open for further replies.