• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How do I add a vert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Ok. I've got my mesh, and there is 2 vertices. between these two verts (but still along the line, I want to add a new vert, so I can pull it out, and make a straight line more curved. How do I do this?

I have vertmodify, wc3modeledit (which im almost positive cannot do it) and 3ds max, which I have but have not figured out how to use.

Any help?

among the tools you have, this is only possible in 3dsmax. Tis what you have to do:

1rt convert your mesh ionto editable poly.

2nd Right click the snap toggle (it's icon is a magnet with a 3 over)

3rd set the settings this way (making sure that the midpoint field is on)

attachment.php

and close it.

4th on your 3d viewport, right-click the label "Perspective" and turn on "Edged Faces".

5th select your mesh go to modify panel, select the edges subgroup, select the edge between the 2 vertices which you wish to have a middle vertex. roll down and look for the option "Insert Vertex", turn on the snap toggle(by left-clicking it) and click the edge. Turn of everything else.

attachment.php

you can also use the cut tool, but cut is mainly using for dividing a polygon into 2 or more pieces.

Attachments

• tut1.gif
    tut1.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 264
  • help1.jpg
    help1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 194
Status
Not open for further replies.