• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

how can i stop apype redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
all new tabs i create gets redirected to apype.com. that cause me a lot of extra work because i have to type in yahoo rather than the browser going there directly. i tried to search but it didnt give me anything other than infectous software that i didnt download because i knew of the risk. please help me out.

I just get a similar thing on my brother's computer yesterday.
I recommend Install SpyHunter, MalwareBytes or AV with Internet Security, they should find the terror source in matter of minutes.
There are many programs like this, you should never click anything that looks suspicious, I recommend Install AdBlocker to avoid malware Ads (only click on ads if you trust them). Also, make sure your AV, Firewall, etc that block any incoming files with suspicious scripts.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If its a simple home page change you can go to your browser options and set the home page to yahoo.

If it is a horrendously complex piece of malware that is injecting the adds into the browser, then you need to use anti-malware tools such as those that come with more anti viruses.

Level 21
malvarebytes anti-malware is itself malware. the problem started when i got my windows account redirected to a different folder. i had gotten rid of the problem before that. the website isnt active anymore so there isnt any danger but, i still want to stop it. the problem is only when i open a new tab.

Level 25
11.PNG

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Oh you've got hit by some vicious add-on you haven't even downloaded and it always gets installed back no matter what you do? Has happened to me like 4 times. But for me they're always like some random words cause them to be links to somewhere. Actally I might have one on Chrome atm...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Never use an admin account on your PC. That should fix all your problems...

Do you know if you can use NewGen WE without admin rights? If that's the case I see no problem about creating new low-righted account.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
that cant be used without violating blizzards terms so you better not use it.
Technically yes, Blizzard however does not care and will not exercise any rights they have against you. Heck it is technically not allowed to rip WoW models into WC3/SC2 yet Blizzard goes out their way to promote maps doing so.

my problem however vanished after i ran a disk check and that returned my account to its original folder as well.
Unlikely but possible. Maybe the malware was more complicated than most people thought and corrupted your hard disk with errors designed to re-infect it. Disk check could have removed these errors as it detected them and removed these induced errors fixing the malware.

Level 25
Sorry that doesn't convince me that Blizzard took it down. 1 comment from 1 person in the comments, nah :) .

And Blizzard doesn't have people who check every map and which programs they use, for Warcraft III, a game they stopped updating years ago.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Honestly, Blizzard don't even give a fuck. They got your money once, and as long as you're not reselling it and making profit out of maps, you can tamper with the game's files all you want.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Sorry that doesn't convince me that Blizzard took it down. 1 comment from 1 person in the comments, nah :) .

...and yet this is exactly what happened.

Because of that, the Warcraft 3 Conversion Alpha V2.0 (as well as the 2.0->2.2 patch) was unavailable for years, until recently:
Infoceptor wc3 TC - Campaign Creations

This StarCraft mod was made around 1998, which means years before WC3 was released.
It will *not* work out-of-the-box on NT-based OSes.

A thread of possible interest, fyi:
Warcraft 3 TC (Topic)

** update **

Links leading to archive.org can be found here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/3099700/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.