• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

how can i prevent a hacker from using my browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Goddamn you man, made me laugh :D
Here are some tips:
1. Dont be a filthy casual, use anything else than IE. I recommend you to steer in direction of Firefox or Chrome hereby.
2. You seem to have mal/spy-ware in system rather than an heavily jobless 'hacker' "attacking your browser"(lol again). Get any anti-virus with an functional anti-mal/spy-ware component and let it deep-scan the system first.

Level 29
To solve all your problems in one felling swoop: let someone else reformat your computer, install all the necessary programs, and every time you want to install something, let this other person do it instead.

Another alternative is to never touch your computer, because you are obviously a natural force of destruction, might as well use it for good, like bashing your head on walls (?)

Another alternative is to never touch your computer, because you are obviously a natural force of destruction, might as well use it for good, like bashing your head on walls (?)
Made my day.

i do however get a lot of infections because windows just isnt safe.
Seriously, the security problem is not windows, it's you. Even my mother who has ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGIN' CLUE about computers still hasn't fetched any serious malware in years (if we exclude some annoying browser addon toolbars that's just two clicks to remove).
This is not 2001 anymore. Windows 7 and 8 are pretty secure.

Level 7
I am pretty sure with those many attempts to hack you either are delusional or you don't know how to use a computer.(I think it is a mix of both)

Level 10
Guys, andreasaspenberg hacked my computer and he's using my browser. How do I fix it? Thanks
I think if you get some Potatoes and then squash them over your computer, then your computer may explode resulting in andreasaspenberg being disconnected from your computer and therefore he will not be able to use your browser or hack your computer.. If the problem persists, let me know, and Potatoes..

Level 7
He is and if he has evidence he can report someone.His reports weigh more so one report from him can result in a ban

162098-albums5026-picture83893.png

I cannot tell a lie.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
i have gotten a problem where a hacker is hacking my browser and using it. the problem started after i downloaded the latest security updates.(before the hacker couldnt access my browser without first locking me out.) how can i stop it.
I do not think anyone would hack someone just to use their browser. It is far easier for the hacker to set up a ICMP tunnel based IP proxy (like Loki) on your system and then use their own browser running through the proxy to pull information using your IP address.

the browser came with windows and i updated it with the latest security updates but that just made it easier for the hacker to use it.
IE 11 is one of the safest browsers available currently. Both Chrome and FireFox are a lot more vulnerable to hacks as they are open source and more used than IE (latest versions only, IE still has a lot of old unsupported versions used).

i do however get a lot of infections because windows just isnt safe.
You get a lot of infections because you are installing unsafe software or visiting unsafe sites. The fact you want a peer to peer file sharing hub means it is likely you have been infected by Trojans embedded in some of the illegal stuff you likely used such systems to download.

The fact is a system cannot be hacked unless it does something. The idea of people sitting in front of computers and logging in to your computer and doing stuff just because it is connected to the internet is a fallacy now. The computer actually needs to do something (process incoming traffic) for this to happen. More likely than not is hackers hacking into your network and launching "man-in-the-middle" attacks to compromise your systems but this can be easily prevented by updating the firmware of all smart network harder (such as the router) and not using the default administrator password and account name such as admin or 1234 to configure it (which was how the Pentagon was hacked the other year).

i have been downloading anything suspecious recently.
Does not need to be recent. Trojans often embed malware in such a way that it is time activated to make detection more difficult. By the time a malware activates on the first victim it will already have been rolled out to thousands of victims (which it activates at the same time) and may have done so over many months. The worst thing for them (best for security companies) is to activate the malware as soon as it is installed as then you have clear positive feedback that something is malicious and the security companies can start working on a fix / rolling out a block on the malware.

Level 13
IE 11 is one of the safest browsers available currently. Both Chrome and FireFox are a lot more vulnerable to hacks as they are open source and more used than IE (latest versions only, IE still has a lot of old unsupported versions used).

Especially that there was just this Null-point( or zero-point hack or whatever was it called) just recently and unless its set to apply updates automatically, its still vulnerable to that.

Andreasaspenberg: I recommend you to install 128 GB of ram, so you will have more space to hide in, the more space there, the harder will be for the hacker to find you hiding and you would have a safe spot there. Imagine it like trying to find a match hid somewhere on the whole globe -> Possibly impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.