• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i make a unit spawn skeletons or banshees when killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
My suggest is that upon unit is trained, inject that unit with a Black Arrow buff (depending on the Unit-type of that Unit).
Make the buff duration to 0 (permanent).

OR, you can add hidden abilities to that unit (Spell Book), that upon death, you can do this;
  • Spawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Skeleton Warrior for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Warrior for (Triggering player) at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Level 21
with that kind of solution i will have to program each unit by hand so why use a buff then.(unit type cant be specified as biological as far as i can see.) do you know of an ability that can add a buff without affecting the unit and without being seen.(hidden buffs is possible at the very least.) abilities can be upgraded through research and get a different buff for each level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.