• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I edit the size of the Open/Save file menu of the editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello, everytime I'm opening a map with the Reforged Editor, the Open/Save file menu is too big:
1658605240064.png

I think this happens because the size is a constant and it was though to 1920x1080 screens, but mine is 1366x768 and is very annoying, manually resize it don't work, because the new size is not saved, what can I do?

Level 19
First of all, I can resize this window by clicking the top border. Second of all, you should report such bugs in Blizzard forums to increase the changes of a fix. Even on a 1080p screen, this window was 835px high (80%).

Anyway, to help you with your problem:
ESCAPE key = close window. The cancel button has no specific shortcut
ALT+O = Press OK button at the bottom. This is your solution :)

Explanation: when you see a button or menu item that has an underlined letter like OK, it means you must press ALT+ThisKey to "click" the button.

Level 24
First of all, I can resize this window by clicking the top border.
Me too, but doing that everytime is annoying.
Second of all, you should report such bugs in Blizzard forums to increase the changes of a fix.
Ok.
Anyway, to help you with your problem:
ESCAPE key = close window. The cancel button has no specific shortcut
ALT+O = Press OK button at the bottom. This is your solution :)

Explanation: when you see a button or menu item that has an underlined letter like OK, it means you must press ALT+ThisKey to "click" the button.
In fact, this don't solve my problem, because what happens with the other 3 buttons?
1658613768802.png

They don't even show me their short-cut, and I still have the problem of not seeing all the maps, because I have many saved in one directory.

Level 19
I could write you a small tool to automagically detect and resize this window? But ultimately Bliz aka "The We-Will-Continue-Updating-Game-We-Considered-Dead-Company" should fix it.
Before replying I tested the 1.27 editor and it has a default File Open dialog from Windows. The thing works instantly too, because it doesn't scan folders for maps
Reforged makes everything worse
:peasant-popcorn:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Why are you even using that crap? Just use file explorer, go to documents, warcraft 3 and there you go, way easier than this bugged window.
To be honest, I don't know why they have decided to even change the fine Open Save File procedure into something that is completely messy and ugly. This was a peak reforged mindset, changing things for the sake of things, for the worse.

Level 24
Why are you even using that crap? Just use file explorer, go to documents, warcraft 3 and there you go, way easier than this bugged window.
To be honest, I don't know why they have decided to even change the fine Open Save File procedure into something that is completely messy and ugly. This was a peak reforged mindset, changing things for the sake of things, for the worse.
I guess it's out of habit.
I could write you a small tool to automagically detect and resize this window?
Ah?

Level 24
I'm realizing why I do that, because it opens me the normal editor, and I'm using the TESH.

Level 39
I'm realizing why I do that, because it opens me the normal editor, and I'm using the TESH.
You can probably open the editor you want with TESH, then simply drag and drop the map file from Explorer into the editor window, which should cause it to open the map directly.

In fact, this don't solve my problem, because what happens with the other 3 buttons?
1658613768802.png

They don't even show me their short-cut
Sometimes you can press alt (not hold) and then tab between the options. Or just raw tabbing will show the correct hotkey for the action on each button when that button is highlighted. You can also usually invoke buttons (that are highlighted) by pressing Enter or Space.

Level 18
To be honest, I don't know why they have decided to even change the fine Open Save File procedure into something that is completely messy and ugly.
They changed it so you can open maps that are inside the game's CASC archive.
I just open my maps now by dragging the file into the main window...

CASC really has been a disaster for this game: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files
The only good thing about 1.30 (which was removed again in 1.31 lol) was that they added support for .ogg audio files.

Level 19
I could write you a small tool to automagically detect and resize this window? But ultimately Bliz aka "The We-Will-Continue-Updating-Game-We-Considered-Dead-Company" should fix it.
Code:
#Persistent

; Change window settings however you like
pos_x := 0
pos_y := 0
width := 600
height := 670
; see for special options: https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/WinTitle.htm
windowTitle := "Open Document"
; Since "Open Document" is a common name, also require this window class:
windowClass := "#32770"

; a timer that runs every 1000ms
SetTimer, ResizeWorldeditOpen, 1000
return

; the timer executes code starting at this label
ResizeWorldeditOpen:

handle := WinExist(windowTitle)
if %handle% {
    ;MsgBox, resizing window

WinMove, ahk_id %handle% ahk_class %windowClass%, , pos_x, pos_y, width, height
    return
} else {
    ;MsgBox, Not resizing window
    return
}
Use AutoHotKey to run the script. Save it to an .ahk file and then double-click. I suggest you to compile the script to .exe and only run the .exe file. Never delete the .exe file and save their md5/sha1/sha256 checksums (e.g. by uploading to VirusTotal) to have proof in case some stupid anti-cheat ever bothers you.
This AHK script will check once a second if new WorldEdit's Open dialogue is present and resize & move it.

PS: If you put it to Start -> Startup folder, it will be launched with Windows automatically. To exit the script, right click it in the tray.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.