• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can i do a good HD loading Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you know, many times when you use a loading screen, even if it looks good, it many times ends up looking bad ingame (reduced quality). Ive tried rezizing it to 512x512 and still looks bad, by repathing it to a normal ingame one, still bad. i envy dota cause their loading screens look good, so how can i give a good quality to my loading screen?

Level 8
quality do not base on dimension ( 512x512 ). it base on your picture quality.

you can use 3mb picture to make high quality loading screen.
or 500kb picture for bad quality.

dota have really high quality picture, that is why the map's size is so big.

also, some tip for high quality:
- don't convert from .jpg to blp, it will look really bad.
- TRY CONVERT FROM .TGA to BLP, it will look much better for same size !! (convert .jpg to .tga first)

quality do not base on dimension ( 512x512 ). it base on your picture quality.

you can use 3mb picture to make high quality loading screen.
or 500kb picture for bad quality.

dota have really high quality picture, that is why the map's size is so big.

also, some tip for high quality:
- don't convert from .jpg to blp, it will look really bad.
- TRY CONVERT FROM .TGA to BLP, it will look much better for same size !! (convert .jpg to .tga first)

LoL that isnt really practical. I think ill stay practical first, then ill see if i can do a good quality picture. Also i noticed that WC3 loading screens have an art style that is designed for being expanded in the ingame loading.

Level 18
As far as I know the only way to get High Quality Loadingscreens is the more unconfortable way. Means that you have to split your Loadingscreen Image into four parts instead of streching the single one, like most maps use. While streching (512x512 to the normal size of your image) the Quality gets lost, so to keep the Quality of the Image it has to be splited into four parts that are placed on the Screen to get best graphics.

It's a bit more complicated to get, but I found some old tutorial on thehelper-site.. might help you ;)
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=36757

As far as I know the only way to get High Quality Loadingscreens is the more unconfortable way. Means that you have to split your Loadingscreen Image into four parts instead of streching the single one, like most maps use. While streching (512x512 to the normal size of your image) the Quality gets lost, so to keep the Quality of the Image it has to be splited into four parts that are placed on the Screen to get best graphics.

It's a bit more complicated to get, but I found some old tutorial on thehelper-site.. might help you ;)
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=36757

Yes ive done that, you do 4 images and then you repath the files to a original WC3 one. Thats what im doing for my map by now. cause it is the more practical thing to do. Since ive made a good quality artwork for my loading screen, but it doesnt look good ingame. I saw that the artstyle of the Blizz loading screen has softened borders on the edges and defined lines to look properly good ingame. After all, i may take my time to do that to my custom loading screen by using photoshop. But by now lets be practical.

Level 8
Status
Not open for further replies.