• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How can I create invoker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I'm sorry, but it's a no-brainer. You just make those orb skills Wex, Quas, Exort based on any skills with no target.
And you create two integer variables with a default value of 1000. You are going to use only 3 digits, the 100s, the 10s and the 1s. (since invoker can have only 3 orbs on him).

So one integer is going to store the currently active orbs. (you could use a string variable here if you wanted to, but I'm more comfortable with numbers)
And the other integer is going to store the orbs' levels.

Let me mark these digits like this so I have to write less. C - 100's digit, X - 10's digit, I - 1's digit.
C is going to represent the first orb. X the second, and I the third.

When invoker applies the Wex orb change the current digit to 1. Quas should be 2. Exort should be 3. (you can change these if you want or use Q, W, E in strings)
When Invoker applies the frist rune it changes C, second rune's value goes to the X digit, the third's value goes to I.

When all digits are greater than 0 and a rune is applied you do this:
set C = X; set X = I, set I = the applied rune's number.
Don't forget to store the orbs' level too and do the same as above with the orbs' integer.

Okay, so I hope it's clear so far, english is not my primary language so bear with me.

When the player uses invoke you check out the orbs' integer, take away skills and give him the new skills.
It actually took 5 times more time to write this down than to make it, so have fun with the rest.

Last edited:
Level 27
Structs would be best for complete MUI.. I can't think of another way (besides Handle Vars) to do this MUI.
If you want MPI, then the way you posted is easiest, and if multi instance doesn't matter to you, a single indexed variable would probably be easiest.
All depends on how well you want to code it.
--donut3.5--

Level 17
Well, I was assuming that he wants to "create Invoker" so that means 1 invoker per player. That means a 11 sized array is the best, but if you would need to make it MUI the custom unit value would be the most optimal choice but you are going to use the CUV for something else so yea, structs then.

Level 12
oh dear lord, you are acting like llittle children
"no you are"
"your too"
"im not"
"yes you are"
"no no no no"
"yes yes yes yes"

yes, he should have read before replying, but the way you are flaming eachother is just immature(any flaming is immature, but when i read this, you looked like you were like 8 years old)

ontopic : anyhow, yes, the abilities way would be a pain in the ass after further consideration :p

Level 29
And do me a favour , READ before replying
Hello everyone , can someone show me , how can I create invoker hero just like in DotA ? I really need that for my map :)

So you actually call that as explaining yourself ?
If one doesn't play DotA, he wouldn't understand at all what you want.
Even if one did play DotA, this sentence could refer to at least three different things.

Now don't flame others if they do not understand what you want because you didn't explain the situation and thus answered something you didn't expect.

Level 17
Ghostwolf has a point, your problem description wasn't the best.
Cherol's flaming wasn't nice either so everyone is at fault except me. Me? I'm just nice.
Well, I think you guys should take the flaming to the user pages ;)

The abilities on the other hand aren't that hard to create. I think in a few hours one should be able to put together some weak replicas from the harder ones, but most of them are really easy ones.

Level 5
If you want someone to create this for you, post it in the Requests forum, not the forum for help with GUI. It seemed like you just wanted help when you orignally posted, but after emperor gave you help, and now you want someone to do it for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.