• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i correctly undelete a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
On Windows 6/7 it should be possible to restore the parent folder of the deleted file to "a previous version" by going to the folder properties and letting it load up a shadow version of the folder. This requires that your computer regularly makes restore points and that you have enabled shadow copies for that partition. If you have not enabled shadow copies then the file is gone.

Since the file is no longer registered with the partition logic it is uncertain where the data is and even if the data is intact. It may have already been deleted by something silly like a browser cache file or a OS log. It may be completely intact. The reality is that finding it and restoring it is highly unlikely at this point. Thus why you are prompted about permanent deletion before emptying the recycle bin.

If the partition is mounted on a SSD then the file is gone forever and there is no way to restore it ever outside of very expensive destructive forensic tests that only big government institutes have access to. The block recycling procedure of SSD drives means that the blocks containing the file will likely be already cleared for writing fresh so the data has been equivalently "zeroed out". It is still possible to read the data by analysing the electric fields of the individual gates that make up the memory but, like I already mentioned, this is something that major government institutes can only really do for spying or evidence purposes.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Man... I also had this situation before.

Had those really sexy pictures of the (unfortunately married) girl next door with G-cup funbags but my girlfriend noticed them so I had to delete and clear the recycle bin.

I feel you bro!

PS: Maybe upgrading your machine to 24 gigs of RAM will help.

Level 15
go to a malicious website and get a virus so that a hacker gets control of ur computer. next, send the hacker an email asking to recover the file for u. i'm sure he'll be able to do it. some hackers r cool like that

But add 17gb of ram to the pc and install 32bit os first.

Level 13
I think you need to install a second or more video cards so you can attach more monitors so you can monitor deleted data more efficiently. To enhance your monitoring speed further, replace your disks with better ones. Always put the new one into the slot of the old one, otherwise data will be moved and gone for forever. You can also install more ram stick. Installing ram will not only help you to show more data on the screens, but also might fix fucking sims getting bugged. Believe me or not, you can enhance effectivity further by attaching powerful magnets on the hdd and generally sticking it everywhere on the computer, cause magnet attracts electrons so it also attracts your lost data. If you're done with these steps, HERE COMES THE TRICKY PART, PAY ATTENTION VERY CLOSELY, YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION SO CLOSELY THAT YOU MIGHT EVEN WANT TO USE A MAGNIFIER. Magnifier can yield to magnificent results. But, lets get back on the topic with caps: YOU NEED A SCREEN SAVER. With a screen saver you can save the data you found on your screens. Optionally format "C:\" so you will have enough space for the data. If you have further questions then consult with andrejassaspenisberger, he is our detechnician in the compter zone.

Last edited:
Level 13
I think andreas hacked mag's browser using his comodo dragon, andreas must be banned as he's a serious threat.

EDIT: I brought you some proof:

Guys, andreasaspenberg hacked my computer and he's using my browser. How do I fix it? Thanks

We must stop him before he starts spreading around the world, and we all know that stupidity is endless so its just a matter of time.

Well then this applies quite good:p
image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.