• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How 2 import Warcraft 3 models to 3dsmax 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only MDX importer I know that works somewhat (but not fully accurate) on 3ds max 6 and newer is using a custom script called MDX Importer/Exporter (made by KMK, aka Republicola).

I've found a download link on this thread:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/filestools.php

I would not recommend using that script for exporting the models as the script is quite old and outdated. So use BlinkBoy's NeoDex script for exporting the models.

Alternatively, you can simply edit Warcraft III models via free third party softwares like Oinkerwinkles Vertex Modifier, Magos War3 Model Editor and Mdlvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.