• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HoTS Alexstrasza

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Ripped directly from the HoTS game files. Added death animation, teamcolor, texture contrast to look better in SD format. SD Compatible.

Special Thanks:
Razorclaw_X for posting the basic framework to port HoTS models.
Solstice245 and Talv of SC2Mapster for updating m3addon for Blender.
Retera for Retera's Model Studio.
Twilac for mdlexport for Blender and their fork of Retera's Model Studio.
Symphoneum for help, ideas, and moral support.
Dennis Herrman for posting a video on combining multiple actions into one sequence with markers for each animation in Blender.
Talv of SC2mapster for the method of importing HoTS files into Blender.
Contents

Alexstrasza (Model)

Buttons - Alexstrasza (Icon)

Spectral (Model)

Level 13
Hi! I hope you don't mind that I edited the model for misc fixes.

Misc fixes:
Increased the rarity of Stand - 2, 3
Made Decay Flesh, Spell, Spell Slam, Spell Throw non looping
Added PortraitPlane
Added HeroGlow
Added Deathscream
Added Footprints
Added Bloodsplats
Added Attachment Refs
Converted HD Icons to SD Icons

Post Edited 7/9/2023: Updated model, I forgor to add Weapon Ref. Also added collision spheres.

Attachments

• UnitElfAlexstraszaEdited.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 12
That's pretty awesome Fleck thanks for taking the time to polish it up. Hope everyone enjoys. I've always used spells for hero glow so it can be toggled on and off in the editor without model editing but hey if people want it baked into the model glad they now have an option to do that.

Level 12
At first I thought you messed up the scales somewhere, but no, Alex really is a chonkers in HotS. XD