• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hot to put doodads under the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi :) I would like to put my doodad wall under the ground. See following screenshot. There is a blue line around the part I want to point out. I want bottom part of doodad to disappear inside the ground so it seems like units walk on the wooden floor.

capture3-png.318506

BTW do you know if there is a possibility to make high ground like with the use of "Increase One" cliff but with Raise tool? I am asking because of pathing issues. "Raise one" not walk able area is bigger than I want and Raise tool doesnt raise its edges so it doesnt really seems like a wall.

Thank you

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
Level 11
Select the doodad (or several doodads), and press Control + Page Down. Repeat as much as needed.

Level 2
Thank you for answer. I am happy for this function. As for my second question - I will try to explain it more in detail.

capture4-png.318511

Picture above shows 2 types of higher ground. Upper one is made with Increase One in Cliff section. Bottom one is done by Raise in Height section. Because the first one very depends on "size" set by editor I can not really influence it and it cause a problems. Is it possible to create Cliff like the upper one with Raise tool? Raise tool seems fine but edges are not straight to the sky but very wide (like hills but I need it like walls). When I use Raise and then Plateau on it it look better but still not as I would like to have it (see picture 2).

capture5-png.318512

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
Level 3
Select the doodad (or several doodads), and press Control + Page Down. Repeat as much as needed.
This just blew my mind. I did not realize you could manipulate doodads so effectively elevation wise. Are there other similar tips and tricks or a place i can look to find more like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.