• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to raise doodad to make it visible

Level 5
Hey!
Can someone help me please with this one. I have this semicrcle doodad, but whenever I place it on flat ground it underground. I tried to raise it by Ctrl+ PageUp, still no luck. The only way to make it appear above the ground is if I raise the terrain or lower the terrain, but it doesn't appear as a whole, there are some patches of the ground still showing.
I attached the pictures:
1697919920888.png

Level 20
What do you mean no luck with ctrl + page up? It raises the doodad exactly what you want. What happens when you do it? How its done is select the doodad already placed on the map and press ctrl + page up.

Level 5
What do you mean no luck with ctrl + page up? It raises the doodad exactly what you want. What happens when you do it? How its done is select the doodad already placed on the map and press ctrl + page up.
Basically, it extends the height of the doodad, but the bottom is still hidden undeground. If you look at the picture above, the one on the left has a base platform under the ground, but when I raise the terrain a bit, it starts showing. What I need is on the right side, but without raising the the terrain, so the whole doodad shows up above the ground.

Level 5
Omg, I totally missed your reply. I found tis resource on chaosrealm. Am I allowed to post the link or should I dm it to you?
Also on another note, I had another question, how do people put a doodad on top of another doodad or make it float?
Here is a picture of what I mean: the glass in the semicircle is raised to fit it.

1699297703273.png

Level 20
The reason I asked for the model was to test if there was something special with it but I suppose it shouldnt be so no need. I am a bit confused because Ctrl + Page Up works fine for me. Did you place the doodad on the map, selected it and then pressed Page Up while holding down Ctrl? It only increases by a tiny amount each time Page Up is pressed, alternatively you could hold down Page Up. Does that work? Otherwise there might be a setting in the editor or that that feature was introduced in a later version.

Level 5
Yes! Whenever I try Page up and down it only raises/lowers the height of the doodad, but the doodad itself is still covered partially by the ground. I guess I need to make it somehow be raised above the ground, I am not sure tbh. I have this problem not just with this doodad, but some other doodads and it makes me completely lose my mind.

Level 20
Oh yeah sorry I saw I said that earlier. It seems to me that the doodad might be wonky. What if you tinker with the values of Art - Max Roll Angle (Degrees) and Art - Maximum Pitch Angle? I think very small values does a big difference such as -0.100.

Level 5
No worries! I also tried changing roll angle and pitch angle, but still the same problem. The only thing I manage to do is to rotate it on the side, but I need it to be flat.

Level 5
Sure, attached. The doodad is called "Round fenced arch semicricle" its on the bottom of the right side.

Attachments

• Stell 2.0 copy.w3m
    19.3 MB · Views: 2
Level 5
Eh, still not working, it's ok, gonna ask around maybe on discord. Did you ever manage to raise it, so the whole doodad was showing by any chance?