• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Linksys routers are notorious for port forwarding.

What you need to do this this:

1. Go to a new internet explorer window and in the address bar type in 192.168.0.1

2. When it asks you for the user and pass, leave the user blank and type 'admin' as the pass.

3. You will be directed to a webpage. Find the link for Port Forwarding. Open up ports 6112 for both.

4. If you still can't host, then try disabling the Windows Firewall. It often gets in the way. With your handy router, you can leave the Windows Firewall off and not notice any difference, for all the good that stupid thing does.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Unscrewed_Magic, you are stuffed is all I can say in that case. Since if they want money for you to touch anything on the router and you do not have the rights to foward ports, then this is the wrong site for that kind of action. Since in that case you would have to hack into your own router and I dought anyone here can help you with that.

What ever it is, if you are using a router you have to foward your WC3 port (remember it can be set to what ever you want in the main options) to your LOCAL ip. If you enter the local IP incorrectly it will not work.

Yum

Yum

Level 3
I fixed my hosting problem through similar means on my old computer that was hooked up to a router, but I recently replaced it with a laptop that's now hooked up to the wall/monitor.

There's no physical router connected anymore but the Wireless Network Connection is the same as before. However, when I open up the 'webpage' (192.168.1.1) I get a Verizon login screen now and I have no idea what the User Name/Passwords are despite having tried all the common ones I've seen.

Any ideas ?:(

Level 8
There is no username, the password is admin.

Tried that one?

Or, the username is admin, and there is no password....

That used to be true for my router, but they put some sort of lock on it. I have tried resting my router, but that does not work. I just do not see how they even have the right to lock me out of my own router that I paid good money for. I used to be able to host, they had no right to touch my network... The way I see it, if I do hack it, I am hacking my own property.

Level 24
Try unplugging your router (completely cutting it off from its power supply). That should reset everything to factory default.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If it is your router (you paid for it and you installed it your self but they just tempered with it) you could try filing a law suit against them or something, but this really aint the site for this problem, most people here have little idea on law and hacking so I dought we can help you in much detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.