• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Homing Missle v0.03 [GUI][MUI]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Descriptions:
Level Damages:
------------------------------------------------------
Level Descriptions:
181889-albums4279-picture49468.jpg

Homing Missle
Launches a missile that propels toward the target unit. If the target unit is close enough to the missle, it will explode and deal damage to nearby enemy units.
[Level 1][Level 2][Level 3][Level 4]
Deals 100 damageDeals 200 damageDeals 300 damageDeals 400 damage
[Cooldown: 5]
------------------------------------------------------
  • HM Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Homing Missle
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • HM_Index1 Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on HM Loop <gen>
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- Create indexes for MUI spell --------
      • Set HM_Index1 = (HM_Index1 + 1)
      • Set HM_Index2 = (HM_Index2 + 1)
      • -------- Set variable of the Caster --------
      • Set HM_Caster[HM_Index2] = (Triggering unit)
      • -------- Set variable of the Target unit --------
      • Set HM_Target[HM_Index2] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • -------- Set the boolean to true,for make sure the trigger can stopped --------
      • Set HM_Boolean[HM_Index2] = True
      • -------- Set the position of the caster --------
      • Set HM_Point = (Position of HM_Caster[HM_Index2])
      • -------- Set the damage that deals of the spell --------
      • Set HM_Dam[HM_Index2] = (100.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)))))
      • -------- Set the missle speed --------
      • Set HM_Speed[HM_Index2] = 0.00
      • -------- Set the distance that the unit will near and explosion --------
      • Set HM_Distance[HM_Index2] = 150.00
      • -------- Create missle --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Missle for (Triggering player) at HM_Point facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • -------- Set the missle to last created unit,make sure we can continue make the position of the missle. --------
      • Set HM_Missle[HM_Index2] = (Last created unit)
      • -------- Set the position of the missle --------
      • Set HM_Location1 = (Position of HM_Missle[HM_Index2])
      • -------- Set the position of the target unit --------
      • Set HM_Location2 = (Position of HM_Target[HM_Index2])
      • -------- Set the Distance of the target and the missle --------
      • Set HM_MaxDistance[HM_Index2] = (Distance between HM_Location1 and HM_Location2)
      • -------- Set the angle of the missle and the target unit --------
      • Set HM_Angle[HM_Index2] = (Angle from HM_Location1 to HM_Location2)
      • -------- Remove Leaks... --------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HM_Point)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HM_Location1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HM_Location2)
  • HM Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer HM_IndexLoop) from 1 to HM_Index2, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Now,make sure the unit is alive,if not the unit die,the missle will stop moving. --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop] is alive) Equal to True
              • HM_MaxDistance[HM_IndexLoop] Greater than or equal to 100.00
              • HM_Boolean[HM_IndexLoop] Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Set again the position of the target unit and missle --------
              • Set HM_Location1 = (Position of HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop])
              • Set HM_Location2 = (Position of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop])
              • Set HM_Angle[HM_IndexLoop] = (Angle from HM_Location1 to HM_Location2)
              • Set HM_MaxDistance[HM_IndexLoop] = (Distance between HM_Location1 and HM_Location2)
              • -------- Increase the missle speed --------
              • Set HM_Speed[HM_IndexLoop] = (HM_Speed[HM_IndexLoop] + 0.30)
              • Set HM_Point = (Position of HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop])
              • Unit - Grant shared vision of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop] to (Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop])
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop] using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIta\CrystalBallCaster.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (Player group((Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop]))) at HM_Point for 0.02 seconds
              • -------- Set the offset to make the missle move --------
              • Set HM_Point2 = (HM_Point offset by HM_Speed[HM_IndexLoop] towards HM_Angle[HM_IndexLoop] degrees)
              • Unit - Move HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop] instantly to HM_Point2, facing HM_Angle[HM_IndexLoop] degrees
              • -------- Remove the leaks --------
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HM_Point2)
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- If the Boolean is true,the trigger can off easily. --------
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Deny shared vision of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop] to (Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop])
                  • -------- Set the boolean to false,make sure the trigger won't restart again. --------
                  • Set HM_Boolean[HM_IndexLoop] = False
                  • -------- Set the position of the missle again --------
                  • Set HM_Group = (Units within 400.00 of HM_Point matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop])) Equal to True))
                  • -------- Create special effect,you can change this. --------
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at HM_Point using war3mapImported\NuclearExplosion.mdx
                  • -------- Deals damage to nearby unit,and kill the missle. --------
                  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in HM_Group and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • ((Picked unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Cause HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop] to damage (Picked unit), dealing HM_Dam[HM_IndexLoop] damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Normal
                        • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Kill HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop]
                  • -------- Decrease the MUI index --------
                  • Set HM_Index1 = (HM_Index1 - 1)
                  • -------- Remove Leaks --------
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_HM_Group)
                • Else - Actions
      • -------- If the MUI index is 0,the trigger will off. --------
        • If - Conditions
          • HM_Index1 Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Set HM_Index2 = 0
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
Thanks for mckill2009 fix the leaks.
Credits

Thanks for Fingolfin of the Missle model.
Thanks for WILL THE ALMIGHTY of the explosion effect.

v0.02: Grants vision of the target unit/Remove some useless things

Questions?
1.) This spell is MUI
2.) The homing missle will follow the invisible target?
Answer: Yes,it will follow.

Keywords:
Missle,Homing,Homing Missle,Explosion,BOMB,MUI.
Contents

Homing Missle (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: For too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. Only v1.00 and higher should be uploaded. You're setting an destroying HM_Group in the cast trigger, but not doing anything with it. DO HM_Index1 Equal to 0 only after Set...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: For too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

Maker, 3rd Aug 2011, Homing Missle v0.03

Only v1.00 and higher should be uploaded.
You're setting an destroying HM_Group in the cast trigger, but not doing anything with it.
DO HM_Index1 Equal to 0 only after Set HM_Index1 = (HM_Index1 - 1)
The minimap ping has player group leak.
You manipulate shared vision. What if the unit has shared vision before the spell is cast?
set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true destroys the group, no need for call DestroyGroup(udg_HM_Group).
Set the dummy to can't raise, does not decay.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Your trigger have a BIG BIG BUG !

I can't explain it .. coz it will take some sirious typing :)

But i could say to you that when the rocket hits the target and the target is not dead.

The target will move thus increasing the distance between the missile location that was destroyed in and the location of the moving target ... so the trigger will continue to launch and will not stop becoz target is still alive and distance is greater than Hm distance ..

Try figuring out how to fix it ... i could fix it for you but that won't help you at all :)

Also cheking the distance between the target and missile all the time .. even if the target is dead is just stupid ... understand what i'm saying .. READ IT SLOWLY ! plz

Level 16
Moin moin =)

There's another bug, if I cast this spell to the second Archmage (friendly) you placed there. But when I move this target Archmage now, the missile just moves forward and never explode. (Well I saw, that this happen anyway, even when the trolls are following me, the rocket just move forward and doesn't follow.

Also another thing, if I cast the rocked one one target and after some time a second rocket on the same target. When the first rocked kills the target, the second rocked explodes immediately. Maybe you should let fly the second rocked still to the ordered point.

One more thing is, you should use a damage filter. Because not all players wants damage allies or magic immune units with it.

As a small thing: We can edit the spell without your permission but we don't should =P

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 13
Moin moin =)

There's another bug, if I cast this spell to the second Archmage (friendly) you placed there. But when I move this target Archmage now, the missile just moves forward and never explode. (Well I saw, that this happen anyway, even when the trolls are following me, the rocket just move forward and doesn't follow.

Also another thing, if I cast the rocked one one target and after some time a second rocket on the same target. When the first rocked kills the target, the second rocked explodes immediately. Maybe you should let fly the second rocked still to the ordered point.

One more thing is, you should use a damage filter. Because not all players wants damage allies or magic immune units with it.

As a small thing: We can edit the spell without your permission but we don't should =P

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

I am still thinking of it,how can i killed a unit then the second missle go to nearby unit and explosion,i don't know how to do :p

Level 16
I am still thinking of it,how can i killed a unit then the second missle go to nearby unit and explosion,i don't know how to do :p

Well I just removed the condition ^^
Then the missile will fly to the position of the target anyway and don't explode (but I can't say if this will cause other malfunction =S )

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
But i still don't understand =.=,can you list the triggers?

Ok first in the Trigger Loop ... the timer trigger.

You set the location of the missile and the target even if the target or missile is dead and you also calculate the distance between them .. thus your trigger is inefficient.

Also after the missile hits the target and the missile explodes but the target is still alive ... when the target gets away from the current position of the missile the distance between the target and location of the missile becomes bigger...

So if target is alive ... and if distance > hm_distance .. then the trigger will run BUT ! there is no missile to follow .. so it will be running just for fucking up :)

Level 29
Suggestions and a small review;

- Make the speed & AOE configurables
- Make Attack and Damage type configurables

You really dont need these;
  • Set HM_Location1 = (Position of HM_Missle[HM_Index2])
  • Set HM_Location2 = (Position of HM_Target[HM_Index2])
  • Set HM_MaxDistance[HM_Index2] = (Distance between HM_Location1 and HM_Location2)
  • Set HM_Angle[HM_Index2] = (Angle from HM_Location1 to HM_Location2)
Coz you already have it in the loop...

- In the loop make it like this >>> HM_MaxDistance[HM_IndexLoop] Greater than or equal to 100.00
- Remove this >>> (HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop] is alive) Equal to True
- Instead of damage circular, make picke every unit in the group...
- The dummy should have no food cost and can't raise does not decay...
- Other than that, the spell looks fine coz I've tested it for 10 archmages to a non-moving targets, unless I've missed something...

Rating: 3/5 >>> You can do better...

Level 12
To GangSpear:
This below trigger should put right after you decrease the HM_index1
    • If - Conditions
      • HM_Index1 Equal to 0
    • Then - Actions
      • Set HM_Index2 = 0
    • Else - Actions
which it should be like this because you don't need to check it every 0.03 seconds if the index doesn't decrease as the index will remain the same.
    • If - Conditions
      • HM_Index1 Equal to 0
    • Then - Actions
      • Set HM_Index2 = 0
    • Else - Actions
By the way, I suggest you to use Hanky's or Bribe's indexing system because your indexing system has been quite old and it might cause bug especially on the spells that can be activate and deactivate using Unit Group function.

Level 29
The target will move thus increasing the distance between the missile location that was destroyed in and the location of the moving target ... so the trigger will continue to launch and will not stop becoz target is still alive and distance is greater than Hm distance ..

The missile suppose to follow the target so oviously, the distance between the missile and the target will 'change always' if the target moves...

Take note that I never tested this for 'moving targets', so I guess the creator MUST give sample of moving targets...

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
The missile suppose to follow the target so oviously, the distance between the missile and the target will 'change always' if the target moves...

Take note that I never tested this for 'moving targets', so I guess the creator MUST give sample of moving targets...

Wrong !
LONG STORY SHORT:

The distance between the missile and the target can change so it should be recalculated each time :)

Wrong !

If the target stays ALIVE even if the missile hits him

The DISTANCE WILL STILL BE CALCULATED !!!

And the trigger will Run !!!! AGAIN but without a missile.

To Rmx:
lol .. Rmx, don't get fed up so easily.. he's still a new to spell; need time to take in any complex (in sentence) review. :) Maybe you should comment it like mckill2009.. easier to understand for him I guess :)
Btw, I damn fucking love all your spells :D Any new spell in progress?

I just released my BETA map ... Alien vs Predator .. but it still needs some introducation .. could you help me make it more special so that the mods can rate it ?

Last edited:
Level 29
@Rmx

what are you trying to prove man?...

here's a test to show your ignorance...

• Set HM_Position1 = (Position of HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop])
  • Set HM_Position2 = (Position of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop])
  • Set HM_Angle[HM_IndexLoop] = (Angle from HM_Position1 to HM_Position2)
  • Set HM_MaxDistance[HM_IndexLoop] = (Distance between HM_Position1 and HM_Position2)
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(HM_MaxDistance[HM_IndexLoop]))
the distance between the missile and the target will 'change always' if the target moves...

EDIT:
The DISTANCE WILL STILL BE CALCULATED !!!

And the trigger will Run !!!! AGAIN but without a missile.

lol!, how can it be calculated again if the trigger is off? the calculations will stop if it reached less than 100 coz of the 'else' and boolean checking >>> HM_Boolean[HM_IndexLoop] Equal to True...

Again, test it like this...
  • If - Conditions
    • HM_Index1 Equal to 0
  • Then - Actions
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: TRIGGER OFF <<< this
    • Set HM_Index2 = 0
  • Else - Actions

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
mckill2009

My ignorance is that SO ? !!!

Your still wrong ..... also your second example is WTF !!! doesn't make sense ... maybe there are 10 missiles and 1 of them is 20000000000000000 range from the target !! SO THE TRIGGER wont turn off that easy !! LOOOOL

Anyway all of you are ignorant im gonna take the CODE AND REWORK IT !!! FFS !!!!!!

CODE REWORKED !!!

• HM Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer HM_IndexLoop) from 1 to HM_Index2, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • HM_MaxDistance[HM_IndexLoop] Greater than or equal to 100.00
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Set again the position of the target unit and missle --------
              • Set HM_Location1 = (Position of HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop])
              • Set HM_Location2 = (Position of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop])
              • Set HM_Angle[HM_IndexLoop] = (Angle from HM_Location1 to HM_Location2)
              • Set HM_MaxDistance[HM_IndexLoop] = (Distance between HM_Location1 and HM_Location2)
              • -------- Increase the missle speed --------
              • Set HM_Speed[HM_IndexLoop] = (HM_Speed[HM_IndexLoop] + 0.30)
              • Unit - Grant shared vision of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop] to (Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop])
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop] using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIta\CrystalBallCaster.mdl
              • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (Player group((Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop]))) at HM_Point for 0.02 seconds
              • -------- Set the offset to make the missle move --------
              • Set HM_Point2 = (HM_Point offset by HM_Speed[HM_IndexLoop] towards HM_Angle[HM_IndexLoop] degrees)
              • Unit - Move HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop] instantly to HM_Point2, facing HM_Angle[HM_IndexLoop] degrees
              • -------- Remove the leaks --------
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_HM_Point2)
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- If the Boolean is true,the trigger can off easily. --------
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Deny shared vision of HM_Target[HM_IndexLoop] to (Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop])
                  • Set HM_Boolean[HM_IndexLoop] = False
                  • -------- Set the boolean to false,make sure the trigger won't restart again. --------
                  • -------- Set the position of the missle again --------
                  • Set HM_Group = (Units within 400.00 of HM_Point matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop])) Equal to True))
                  • -------- Create special effect,you can change this. --------
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at HM_Point using war3mapImported\NuclearExplosion.mdx
                  • -------- Deals damage to nearby unit,and kill the missle. --------
                  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
                    • Loop - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • ((Picked unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Cause HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop] to damage (Picked unit), dealing HM_Dam[HM_IndexLoop] damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Normal
                        • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Kill HM_Missle[HM_IndexLoop]
                  • -------- Decrease the MUI index --------
                  • -------- Remove Leaks --------
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_HM_Group)
                • Else - Actions
      • -------- If the MUI index is 0,the trigger will off. --------
        • If - Conditions
          • HM_Index1 Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Set HM_Index2 = 0
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
  • (Player group((Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop])))
LEAK!

• And - All (Conditions) are true
    • Conditions
Redundent

Instead of using a group here, you could use the Enum directly

[troll] but den u shud tern it on again NOOOOB [/troll]
lol

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
(Player group((Owner of HM_Caster[HM_IndexLoop])))

LEAK!

And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions

Redundent

Unit Group - Pick every unit in HM_Group and do (Actions)

Instead of using a group here, you could use the Enum directly

Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

[troll] but den u shud tern it on again NOOOOB [/troll]
lol

Im did not rework his trigger to show him the player group leak...

And if all conditions are true ............ it's to make him see clearly what i mean ...

The group doesn't leak ... he destroyed it TWICE LOL !! setbjwanttoDestroyGroup = true and the CallDestroyGroup ... :p LOOOOL

Anyway i reworked the placement just that.

Level 29
@Rmx

Wrong !

You still haven't prove this...

Your still wrong ..... also your second example is WTF !!! doesn't make sense ... maybe there are 10 missiles and 1 of them is 20000000000000000 range from the target !! SO THE TRIGGER wont turn off that easy !! LOOOOL

20000000000000000 is pretty lame, besides, I'm talking about the 'else' part...
lol!, how can it be calculated again if the trigger is off? the calculations will stop if it reached less than 100 coz of the 'else' and boolean checking >>> HM_Boolean[HM_IndexLoop] Equal to True...

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
@Rmx

Quote:
Quote:

Wrong !
You still haven't prove this...

Quote:
20000000000000000 is pretty lame, besides, I'm talking about the 'else' part...
Quote:

Well how i explain this to you, i'm wright and you're wrong, live with it.

GangSpear the creator of this spell figured out the BUG when reworked his spell and now he updated it.

So PLZ !!! don't jump on my back.

If you think i'm noobish or something about triggers ...

Feel free to check this out .. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells.php?u=Rmx

Level 29
If you think i'm noobish or something about triggers ...

Wrong!, I think you're great...It's just that, you cant answer >>> "....will NOT 'change always' if the target moves..."

@Gangspear
your spell isnt bugged...but Rmx's trigger is more efficient coz he put a condition IMMEDIATELY in the first IF of the loop, making ALL stop in the THEN part if the condition is not met...

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
@Gangspear
your spell isnt bugged...but Rmx's trigger is more efficient coz he put a condition IMMEDIATELY in the first IF of the loop, making ALL stop in the THEN part if the condition is not met...

Man SRSLY !! it was bugged

I can't really explain why .. i cannot put it in english but if you think more and more the spell is not efficient at all if it still was the old one.

Level 3
Maybe you changed some triggers.
Can post these triggers?
use [ trigger] YOUR TRIGGER HERE [ /trigger]

Ganspear, thanks... I figured it out... got the spell trigger right... I just messed the map trigger where i put units that die resurrect every 15 seconds... lol, that's why the missile dummy is revived...

Thanks, I'll just use your spell for learning and for home use only... I won't bring it out I promise... I don't play pubs and online anyway, just AI..

Level 13
Ganspear, thanks... I figured it out... got the spell trigger right... I just messed the map trigger where i put units that die resurrect every 15 seconds... lol, that's why the missile dummy is revived...

Thanks, I'll just use your spell for learning and for home use only... I won't bring it out I promise... I don't play pubs and online anyway, just AI..

You can use my spell to do anythings(Except somethings that horrible :p)
Anyway,you use for AI? O_O?

Level 3
You can use my spell to do anythings(Except somethings that horrible :p)
Anyway,you use for AI? O_O?

Yes... I only play at home... My net is also too slow to support game clients to play online... It lags... i want to create AI but I still do not know the triggers or script... so I may have to research more... lots to learn...

I also have this crazy idea to create a dota-like map, where heroes would be me and my mates... But I still can't find dota map-like triggers... creeps spawning, path, score boards, taverns, item combining... I won't edit dota or add cheats... I just want the triggers to create custom map... where I can make fun with my friends by making spells correlated to their trademarks or mannerisms... lol..

Are all your spells in GUI? I still have no hint about jass... can't even see objects...

Tnx... Reputation up... for being helpful...