• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HOK:ARENA v0.1!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
HOK: Arena 0.1 (protected)

Its a ARENA map
it has 6 classes so far (there will be more)
every class has 6 skills (most of them are custom)
buy/upgrade skills from skill shop which looks like a yellow book you will be able to buy more skills from lvl 10, 20, 30. Buy it with "skill exp" which is gained by performing skills. Every skill produce 25 skill exp.

this map is based on a pvp so you might not find it interesting playng allone
Please comment and report bugs/imbalances

Oh and Tefelis = Kalmis it my nick on eurobattle!

Keywords:
Arena
Contents

HOK:ARENA v0.1! (Map)

Reviews
19:38, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: See post #10, Rejected.

M

19:38, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
See post #10, Rejected.

Level 9
this should be rejected right away you gotta be new here i guess so im just guessing this is like heroes of pandaria or what?
anyway how should we be able to comment when we dont know what you tried to make with that map except rpg/arena which i would say usally dont go well if you ask me as peteri said more map details.
couldnt you just say tefelis is your bnet name i actually dont care about what server(i guess im not the only one who feels that way) beside that map details you should say what makes your map special from the other or just whatever..
1/5 vote for REJECTED! oh yes if you dont like down rating/hard criticism you shouldnt post betas especially not 0.1 because they usally have a big load of errors,leaks and bugs
edit: just looked abit further into it...
you should say when a map is protected... it is a standard rule here at hive to tell them about it and now im gonna test map ingame to see terrain i will edit soon..
nice xp/gold system now to another bad part about this..
TERRAIN this terrain was very poorly done and you used blizzard cliff which totally sucks but i guess you have to terrain is all flat except from blizz cliffs you could have used raise ground abit maybe use noise abit(very small amount) and why is the creeps levels and oh yes WHY DO YOU CALL THIS A RPG/ARENA IT IS ONLY ARENA LIKE ANGEL ARENA WITH CREEPS OMG!!!!
seriously do you get it?? if you think this was harsh mean or anything that road pm me

Last edited:
Level 4
ok...
yeah i know its not a rpg sorry my fault and i told that kalmis=tefelis becouse i wanted to say that i made this map so i dont get blamed or smthg
i didnt made a lot of detailes becouse i had no time and i had to hurry
and yeah i know that the terrain is poor, ill work on it.

Level 31
Im done detailing i hope its good now...
sorry for all that stuff i made im new here...

Map making isn't as easy as you think it was.

From what I view, it was still poor.

Hero selection system was bad, loading time was long and have a sign of lag, no proper hotkey and tooltips description was unprofessional and lacking.

I suggest you to read tutorial before you begin map making. The best way to start off with would be reading a tutorial about basic, which you could seen at my signature

Level 17
HOK:ARENA v0.1! is a class-based arena map.

The map was presented quite terribly. The tooltips and descriptions were very uninformative and unpolished. Having words in all capitals looks terrible. The terrain was terrible, with an overuse of blizzard cliffs. Having shops as heroes looks terrible with the experience bar. I'm not sure if you realize this, but normally, west is the left side of the map. For some reason, you have west on the right side, and east on the left. Another complaint was that the souther edge of the map had a small amount of land instead of deep water.

The gameplay was generic as far as arenas go. With only six classes (not very balanced ones, either), the game seemed to play the same over and over again. What was the purpose of the wisp? At first I thought it was a bug with the inventory system, but the position wasn't even synchronized with that of my hero.

Rating:
1.5 and not recommended for approval.

My Recommendations:

Add more classes.
Improve the terrain.
Balance the classes.
Cosmetically improve the map (tooltips, description, etc..)