• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HiveWorkShop should make a hosting service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yes, but if a bot hosts a map, then it consumes a free slot and messes up the balance of the teams.

It's well worth learning how to configure your firewall/router to host. There are numerous tutorials online.

Level 17
Linksys router here too, and we had to update the firmware before port forwarding worked. Did you try that?

I think I have the latest Linksys firmware for my model (WRTG54) (1.01) (wow, I knew that cause I've been researching a way to get me to host)

I've updated it to the latest (From what I remember, the latest patch for this model was in 2007. I got it at 2008.

And no. Didn't work. Nada Yata.

Level 40
Press Windows+R.

Type in "cmd" (no quotes). Press enter.

Type "ipconfig /all" (again no quotes). Press enter.

IP Address................192.168.1.* (* will be a number from 2 to 255, usually) is the number you are looking for. The port should be forwarded for that IP.

Then go to Control Panel. Go to Network Connections.

Right click on "Local Area Network" and click Properties.

Scroll down to "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and select it. Click Properties.

Select "use the following IP address".

Default Gateway should be 192.168.1.1, Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0, IP Address should be 192.168.1.* (that number you were given).

Select "Use the following DNS Server address". Type in 192.168.1.1 for Preferred. Leave alternate blank.

Click OK twice. Restart your computer.

Level 6
im using Linksys too, and may this help you

1. In your browser, enter 192.168.1.1 in address bar and enter.
2. Type your admin username and password (default maybe : username: admin and password just leave it blanks). And press enter.
3. You will see Linksys setup settings, go Applications & Gaming tab.
4. And here we goes...
LALAL.jpg

5. Save Settings, and congratulations, you can host now.....~

Level 36
Guys, if you've tried everything, here's a clue: Turn off Windows Firewall.

I had tried everything, opened all the ports, followed every tutorial, but none of it worked. And then I turned Windows Firewall completely off, and it worked.

It doesn't matter if WC3 is on your list of exceptions or anything, just turn it off and you might find yourself able to host.

Status
Not open for further replies.