• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting Probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey everyone,

I play WarCraft3 i think 3 years, never had hosting problems before...
But now i got new internet ant can't find out how to host again:hohum:
Its name is FRITZ!Box or something...
I have found the application thing (UDP and that other one) did it to port 6112 to 6119 what was in a tutorial, called him Warcraf3...
But still can't host:slp:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Hey everyone,

I play WarCraft3 i think 3 years, never had hosting problems before...
But now i got new internet ant can't find out how to host again:hohum:
Its name is FRITZ!Box or something...
I have found the application thing (UDP and that other one) did it to port 6112 to 6119 what was in a tutorial, called him Warcraf3...
But still can't host:slp:

Okay, what you need to do is open port "eyes" and read the tutorial "rules". Then you should understand that you posted in the wrong section, and be able to host "massivenegrep.exe".

Open port 6112 on your computer, router and make your firewall accept incoming and outcoming data from the program 'wc3.exe' and allow data to pass through port '6112'.

Level 6
i had to choose the ips that were going to "obey" the rules i made in the router. After that it worked. You don't got a manual? If you don't or it didn't help to read in it i can check in my manual, since all routers probably use same system.

Level 6
He only needs to open ports on his router, it isn't rocket science :p

depends :con:
my hosting "skills" didn't work before i choose what ips that would be considered "real", after that i could host again after some trouble :D

Level 3
Thanks for the reactions,
But i had turned firewall off...
Now i gonna look if the ports good...

And yes, i have a router

Ash

Ash

Level 22
You shouldn't have to setup a static IP, as long as 6112 is opened up on the router you should be fine.

If you connect to the computer and then the router, then just make sure 6112 is open on the computer and the router, and it should work. :)

Level 6
You shouldn't have to setup a static IP, as long as 6112 is opened up on the router you should be fine.

If you connect to the computer and then the router, then just make sure 6112 is open on the computer and the router, and it should work. :)

well, actually i had to fix static ip adress then i could host. It just took like 2 sek but anyway^^ portforward.com got nice guides to setup routers also, so you know you are doing it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.