• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

hiring a mapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys

I'd like to hire a mapper for a project. The idea comes from the game called Ignition. You can watch this video to see what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32QWzs0JrA

Of course there are a few twists I'd like to have implemented to make the map more entertaining. Several things have to be taken away (like elevations where cars can jump etc.) or cut completely (number of maps tracks.). There is no need (and no way) to make a 100% conversion.

I'm looking for a mapper who can make a map by himself while I'm telling him what to do (he only has to know how to do it in WE). This may sound demoralizing but I do not have time to set variables and lack the knowledge for proper triggering. What I do know are the limitations of the World Editor and how much time all these things take. I won't ask for anything impossible or unique.

For example, things that I do not need from you are custom art (UI and models) or custom terrain. None of those fancy stuff. I believe that everything can be done using War3's WE by being experienced enough and there is no real need for creating or importing custom made content. We just have to change things so it's doable and fits into the resources provided.

Obvious things I can offer: fame (map will be hosted by bot(s)), ideas and some real world currency (aka money). I understand that the mapper will do the hard bit and although he will gain some fame when everything is done, he deserves some more support. I want professional maps that don't take a decade to finish and person is enough to create. Players should have fun playing these unique games while making the map and the mapper (this would be you) popular.

Lastly, I'd like to recruit someone who can see a future in this project, can share his own ideas (I don't want him to act like a slave), has time (few hours every day maybe, not few hours every week), and who might be motivated to make other maps as well (this isn't the only one I have in mind) in the future, even for Starcraft 2.

That's it for me. Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.