• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Highlands Ranch High School

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is based on the high school I went to. I called the map done back in 2010. This map would best fit a modern role-playing game, even as part of a campaign. No custom data present other than myself as a Death Knight with modified abilities.

Terrain Features:

-Classrooms
-Commons
-Offices
-Library
-Auditorium
-Two Parking Lots (one for students, one for visitors)
-Two Gymnasiums (one upper gym and one lower gym)

Users are free to use this as a template. All I ask for in return is credit if you use this resource in any way.

PS: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think zombies like to raid ranches. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Keywords:
Ranch, High School
Contents

Highlands Ranch High School (Map)

Reviews
22:54, 14th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map awaiting update and rated 1/5. See moderator's review regarding the map: Orcnet:

M

22:54, 14th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map awaiting update and rated 1/5. See moderator's review regarding the map:

Hell_Master;2499285 said:
Review emerges!

I had a quick look through in your terrain template map and it seriously needs huge amount of work to be approved. The terrain is too empty and dead. Low amount of doodads/destructibles, lacking tile variations, too much flat terrain and etc.

The way those houses were put looks not random placed and too straight, should be more random in variations and placement.

Overall, you should really have a look on the Map Section's terrain template and start working on yours on improving it. For now, rated 1/5 and Awaiting Update.

Descriptions also should be improved. Use what eubz linked.

Orcnet:
Shadow Fury;2562409 said:
I remember that this map was once posted long ago and was rejected. Anyway, this template is very cheap with most of the terrain made of Square Tiles and very few doodads. What about "decorative" doodads? Nothing sadly...
Most of the map is completely empty, the grassy part is totally flat and lacking of environmental doodads so the terrain definitely looks terrible.
Just as the other time, I give this 1/5 and vote for REJECTION!

Level 30
Review emerges!

I had a quick look through in your terrain template map and it seriously needs huge amount of work to be approved. The terrain is too empty and dead. Low amount of doodads/destructibles, lacking tile variations, too much flat terrain and etc.

The way those houses were put looks not random placed and too straight, should be more random in variations and placement.

Overall, you should really have a look on the Map Section's terrain template and start working on yours on improving it. For now, rated 1/5 and Awaiting Update.

Descriptions also should be improved. Use what eubz linked.

Level 21
I remember that this map was once posted long ago and was rejected. Anyway, this template is very cheap with most of the terrain made of Square Tiles and very few doodads. What about "decorative" doodads? Nothing sadly...
Most of the map is completely empty, the grassy part is totally flat and lacking of environmental doodads so the terrain definitely looks terrible.

Well I'll see what other decorations I could use. And like I said, I designated region(s) for users to customize for their interest. I did think about placing trees in the grassy areas and I made a mistake in the top-left section of the map. There was supposed to be a tennis court instead of a neighborhood. So ultimately this map would also fit into the Mini-Game(s) category.

There is some story to me making this map, so feel free to PM me.

They are far too empty and made without good tile variation. Just to sum up everything, you cannot recreate a modern school in Warcraft. It's a game made to suit times of centuries ago so unless you import modern models, you cannot create a good modern template.

You mean, custom models ARE allowed in terrain templates? Guess I didn't think of that.

Just made my last update. And again, this is ultimately a more exclusive map. Shadow Fury, I'm perfectly fine with taking this down. I have a bunch of local friends I could share this with. I just thought I'd try a first upload, and I am working on a SC2 version of this map that might turn out to be better in some ways.

Last edited: