• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hydra Highland

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
When Ewa the Hydra order mass takeover the tropic island, the hydras slaughtered 4 Naga encampments. You later moved in, man arms, the hydras are lurking everywhere...

Keywords:
Melee, Hydra, Highland, Tropical, Ruins.
Contents

Hydra Highland (Map)

Reviews
01:11, 18th Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
To make it simple ↓
Map Description:

• Fail description
  • Add screenshots
  • Fix -> Category:None
  • No single BB Code (bigger, colored text and so on)

Terrain is horrible:

• 1 Tile (sand)
  • 1 cliff type
  • No environment doodads
  • No special effects doodads
  • No lightning effect doodads
  • No neutral units, birds and other creatures
  • Trees are spammed and only used destructible
  • No fog, and such effects (only weather -> rain)

Units and gameplay are really bad:

• Hydra unit spammed all over map, 1 large is placed on mid so you must first kill it to attack enemy
  • Gold mines are 2 close (fail for night elf race, epic for humans/orc)
  • Starting position is 2 small, few buildings will fill place, there won't be room for anything else!
  • Items drops are funny (only big hydra drop 3 items -.-)
  • Map isn't even melee, you edited some units (example, Ancient Hydra has 100000 mana points)
  • No strategic positions, melee units are useless here
1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map Reported

Level 15
To make it simple ↓
Map Description:

• Fail description
  • Add screenshots
  • Fix -> Category:None
  • No single BB Code (bigger, colored text and so on)

Terrain is horrible:

• 1 Tile (sand)
  • 1 cliff type
  • No environment doodads
  • No special effects doodads
  • No lightning effect doodads
  • No neutral units, birds and other creatures
  • Trees are spammed and only used destructible
  • No fog, and such effects (only weather -> rain)

Units and gameplay are really bad:

• Hydra unit spammed all over map, 1 large is placed on mid so you must first kill it to attack enemy
  • Gold mines are 2 close (fail for night elf race, epic for humans/orc)
  • Starting position is 2 small, few buildings will fill place, there won't be room for anything else!
  • Items drops are funny (only big hydra drop 3 items -.-)
  • Map isn't even melee, you edited some units (example, Ancient Hydra has 100000 mana points)
  • No strategic positions, melee units are useless here
1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map Reported

+rep, you did the job for me!

Level 5
I am kinda new at this, i will try to fix all of these problems later on....well, thanks for the tips, ill use those later, i am very sorry, if you would, vote Reject or tell me how to delete this...i will use those tips on later in a better map.....I will add better terrain, change the melee thing so it says the number of players there is, ad doodads, better strategy options, better sizing for your base ( and expansion bases )....again i am very sorry...if your willing to help, tell me how to change some more problems....again, very sorry...

Hi http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/wolfgar/ [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/impereal+gardian/"]Impereal Gardian[/URL] Welcome to THW community!
Because you are new here Let me introduce hiveworkshop to you...

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.
The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

A few other tips that might help too:
-Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?
-When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
-Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
-If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

About maps:

If you decide to create map please check some tutorials first!
For unfinished maps, use Map Development forum! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

Thank you for not leaving project and trolling around because we voted for rejection! I suggest you to open any blizzard made melee map and check how they created units, terrain, doodads!

Level 5
Thank you a lot -Kobas-, i read through the whole thing. But can you tell me how to deleate this one, so i can fix a whole new map, (i will proboly NEVER learn to use the Model Editor) I will use all of this in my next map. Also, thank you for helping me with everything, i might be able to make a better map next time :)...

Moderator can, but he won't delete your map (still there are cases when map can be deleted)! Instead he will reject your map, that means hide from public! It will be visible to you and staff!
When time come and you made some progress you can just update rejected map and ask moderator to remove ratings and clean thread!