• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Elven Fire Mage

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Basically a high elven recolour for the blood mages.Originally a request by @gozi21
It's not a huuuge change, for sure, but I bet many people will find use for it. Model is optimized for minimal resource spending (which is still a lot, sadly).
It was supposed to go along with High elves eye replacements (Worker/Swordsman) , but you can't upload a model in the skin section as far as I know.

To change its spheres, go to abilities - human - unit - sphere and change the model to the one you like the most. Orb missiles are nice, for example. You can have 3 different spells like the invoker in dota1.

If you want to replace the original model's textures, rename them as
units\human\kael\human_kaelthas_...
So, basically, add units\human\kael\ and then delete "HE".
Contents

btnHEkael (Texture)

DISBTNHEkael.blp (Texture)

High Elven Fire Mage (Kael) (Model)

High Elven Fire Mage (Kael) portrait (Model)

I was wondering whether I should change more stuff, like the cape colour or something. I get that it may be useful, but I still feel that a simple recolour doesn't make this an approvable resource as it is.
Perhaps, once I make more HElves, I'll upload a bundle with the skins. I was thinking of writing a tutorial to convert every single human model into HElves/dwarves/humans/Blood Elves for custom AND melee maps (by overwriting the _retail_ folder), although the voices and names wouldn't be changed. Some models are missing, though.

Level 19
I was wondering whether I should change more stuff, like the cape colour or something. I get that it may be useful, but I still feel that a simple recolour doesn't make this an approvable resource as it is.
Perhaps, once I make more HElves, I'll upload a bundle with the skins. I was thinking of writing a tutorial to convert every single human model into HElves/dwarves/humans/Blood Elves for custom AND melee maps (by overwriting the _retail_ folder), although the voices and names wouldn't be changed. Some models are missing, though.

For Campaign is a very good addition, for example Kel'thas before the sack of silvermoon. Also it's good for an arcane mage.