• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Elf and Blood Elf Swordsman (Re-Classic)

High Elf and Blood Elf Swordsman
201118-df79edcc6e2aee730e69fea0d8bd9087.png
877768.jpg
- Made the head a little bit smaller
- Added a collision shape
- Removed the unused tracks
- Fixed the event objects
- Added 2 variation
Base Model Credits
Unit Type
Melee Unit
Special Thanks
Stefan.K for fixing the attack animations. :smile:
Author's Notes
Visit Johnwar's Models Discussion for updates and links for my models. :smile:
Previews
Contents

Blood Elf Swordsman (Model)

Blood Elf Swordsman A (Model)

High Elf Swordsman A (Model)

High Elf Swordsman (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Simple yet useful edits for elven swordsmen. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 58
Their attacks can be more sharp and swift, it feels like the sword doesn't have the same momentum that a Footman model does.
True. It's about how they hold their swords. It is straight 90 degrees to the arm all the time which makes it look like the swords have no weight.
It's actually because of the bones in the hand that's the same problem with my troll watcher unit I don't know how to fix it. :smile:

Level 10
It's actually because of the bones in the hand that's the same problem with my troll watcher unit I don't know how to fix it. :smile:
Whose skeleton are you using? I compared your model with the regular footman and their skeletons seem slightly different.

On the regular footmen-based models it is solved by wrist movement which is missing in your model. My orc-like sketches for clarity)

I guess, the problem might be about which part of the model attached to which bone.
1631535109920.png
1631535146857.png

Level 58
Level 10
I am actually transferring the model to the footman's skeleton at the moment. :thumbs_up:
Nice, thank you! 🙂

It seems that one of the attack animations just were not transferred correctly from footman's skeleton to the current one. I checked it in Mdlvis and all the vertexes are attached to the bones as they should be. The bone itself just lacks the proper animating.

Level 50
Nice, thank you! 🙂

It seems that one of the attack animations just were not transferred correctly from footman's skeleton to the current one. I checked it in Mdlvis and all the vertexes are attached to the bones as they should be. The bone itself just lacks the proper animating.
The bone is missing. The bone on which the actual sword is attached to and animated.
I am actually transferring the model to the footman's skeleton at the moment. :thumbs_up:
You can just open the model in Mdlvis and animate the sword, it will take you two minutes to do that.

Edit: here, did it for the BE one.

Attachments

• BloodElfSwordsmanV2.mdx
    148.2 KB · Views: 70
Level 58
No problem, here's the high elf version.
I think you forgot the attack defend but I tried it myself and I think it worked. :thumbs_up:
Doing the High Elves now?

Man, you're doing everything I want to see done, all that juicy campaign content <3
Thanks, just thought the high elves were interesting to make so I gave it a shot.:smile:

Whilst both models are incredibly impressive, I personally think there are too many "parts" to this model and instead re-creating the parts of the Reforged models should be done via much simpler shapes and the use of re-texturing imo. For example, I'm not sure how close the shoulder pads look compared to their HD equivalent. That's just my two cents but overall love the models :)

Level 58
Whilst both models are incredibly impressive, I personally think there are too many "parts" to this model and instead re-creating the parts of the Reforged models should be done via much simpler shapes and the use of re-texturing imo. For example, I'm not sure how close the shoulder pads look compared to their HD equivalent. That's just my two cents but overall love the models :)
I am just using the reforged model as a reference and sometimes I make a more close Re-Classic model to the Reforged reference and sometimes not. :thumbs_up:

Level 17
cool, maybe re-classic of footman and captain too
Honestly if i wanted to leave a comment i really hate Reforged's Footman, i kinda wish johnwar follows the original SD footman design.
Heck the problems Footman16 is talking about, while not too troublesome on these, can kind of feel really off for the Footie model.

There is this, well, not full body, but pretty cool work done over at Artstation by this dude, the Footman is so wholesomely faithful to classic. no MEGATHICC shoulders. and head is perfection.

Level 21
This is actually pretty great since the original model was just the Captain model just recolored was just slightly more yellow to pass it off...

Also too I think the Blood Elf Lieutenant from the original game needs a more Blood Elf look to him, and the old model could be used with the Scarlet Crusade...

Looks too Human like for my taste, and that is why I much prefer the Reforged models, but I still like the Warcraft III Classic as well...

Level 58
love it john... but i would like to see the difference skin wrap with his face cause now it just look like a priest wearing an armor to me... btw love wht u have done with the animation 5/5
Thanks but the priest face texture is the only texture that I think looks like a high elf or blood elf and I don't want to lose that eye glow in the texture. Stefan.K is the one to credit for the attack animations. :thumbs_up:

Level 34
Thanks but the priest face texture is the only texture that I think looks like a high elf or blood elf and I don't want to lose that eye glow in the texture. Stefan.K is the one to credit for the attack animations. :thumbs_up:
can try mediv head with arthas texture either use the BE_skin to warp it... sure it look more manly ingame...
  • UI/Glues/SinglePlayer/Alliance_Exp/BE_Skin.blp

Level 58
Kael's texture looks great on Priest's face, by the way :spell_breaker:
spellbreaker's too
Kael's texture doesn't work as the face texture doesn't have hair, on the other hand, the spellbreaker has a hair on the face texture so it's works I actually have a time now so might as well add a variation to this using the spell breaker's texture.:spell_breaker: :thumbs_up:

Level 21
Could you make the Blood Elf Lieutenant now?
And the High Elf version too....

And the helmet from Reforged looks slightly different too, or could do the Spell Breaker helm to save time.