• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Caves

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
In the northmost parts of Northrend lie areas no Human, Night Elf or Orc has ever visited. Rumors speak of mighty dragons that reside in the mountains, but no being that's tried to find out has returned...
-----------------------------------

My first melee map. It's meant to be played 4v4, and was done partially on request by a person I know. I'm not very experienced when it comes to ladder, and I could really use some feedback.

The map contains the following:
16 Gold Mines (8 player owned)
2 Fountains (One health, one mana)
2 Goblin Merchants
1 Goblin Laboratory
1 Tavern

Hope you'll enjoy.

Keywords:
Melee, 4v4, Northrend
Contents

High Caves (Map)

Reviews
This map has been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you believe this map review is not accurate, or require another review, please feel free to contact Alexis Septimus via his profile listed below. This map will only be reviewed again, for the second...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map has been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you believe this map review is not accurate, or require another review, please feel free to contact Alexis Septimus via his profile listed below. This map will only be reviewed again, for the second and final time, under certain circumstances. Please don't repeatedly ask a mod or admin to review your map, as there are many other resources waiting for approval and it'd be selfish.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, use his
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review

[Yes] Author & map name
[Yes] Map description
[Yes] THW rules & regulation
[Yes] Map in English language
[Yes] No Error/Crash/Fatal error
[Yes] Quality are acceptable
[Yes] Credit given to custom resources.
[Yes] Not stolen/hack/de-protect map

Condition : Average
Review : 1

Note : Resources distribution seems to be fine. But the player base seems to be too close to one another. Neutral hostile drop item seems to be inbalance as well, some creep level 2 drop level 3 item while some level 7 drop level 2 item. The drop item certainly need to be fix. Infact, some creep in a group doesn't drop even a single item at all. Please remember that 1 of the creep in a group must drop item.

All neutral structure except tavern should be guarded and it seems like you did it right (Except for the tavern).

Terrain look rather bland and empty at several point, it certainly could use some sort of improvement. At quality standard, it certainly at the edge of rejection.

However, you're lucky I am quite lenient when it comes to the term of quality. If the other mod/admin review this resources, they probably reject it due to the bad quality even though it doesn't bug/crash the warcraft 3.

As for now, resources approve and rating is 2/5.

Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
18:46, 19th April 2009
Rui: This map doesn't seem to have been updated. As such, it is Rejected.

Level 3
REVIEW:

I am not a mod, I just hope to help anyone out by criticizing their maps so as to further develop their map making abilities...

Terrain:
-Good: You used different levels of terrain, bringing some parts of it on cliffsides and away from the blandness of an entirely flat map. You also had some very unique looking inserts that could be used for a different tileset.

-Bad: There are large open spaces of nothing but snow, it is ok to have open space but not to large and not that doesn't have any details in it. Mix up texture templates to differentiate the terrain for a more natural feel.

Gameplay:
Good:

Bad: You need to leave more area open for base building, there is barely enough room for the beginning structures... Expand the map if needed so as to accompany the space needed to build a fullsize base.
- Creeps should NEVER be around or blocking the path to a Tavern.
- Some creeps don't drop items (Every creep group should have at least one creep that drops an item)

Doodads
- Some people like to use alot of detailing doodads, but they are not required to make a good map, they are more of eye candy... Trees of course are required for lumber but I am referring to simpler ones such as rocks...

I do not have any further words for this map...

As a first map, this is actually quite decent, but rather lacking... I am sure you will have a much better example of your abilities in your next upload...

I give it a 3.6/10