• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cave In

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Melee map meant for four players just a bit more scenic as it takes place in an underground cave with alot of crystals.

Credit: Hiveworkshop and its Members
-Midnight2 (Edit) I apoligize for the earlier inconvenience it seems i left a test Kael in the map and had forgotten to save without him i have now fixed this and its perfectly fine.

Keywords:
Cave, Melee, Crystals, Mystic
Contents

Cave In (Map)

Reviews
21:19, 6th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Bad terrain for starters, imbalance such as more creeps to train bottom then up, creeps have no drops. Creeps aren't set to sight 200 but they are still on 500. Too much Blizzard cliffs, imported material which...

M

21:19, 6th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Bad terrain for starters, imbalance such as more creeps to train bottom then up, creeps have no drops. Creeps aren't set to sight 200 but they are still on 500. Too much Blizzard cliffs, imported material which doesn't set for a melle. In overall more work is needed, Rejected. Use our Map Development Forum for freedback.

Level 8
Hmm... Sadly there is pretty many things that could be improved.

- Doodads. You almost only have crystals as doodads, this becomes boring to look at. Use varitated types of doodads.
- Terrain, you almost only use lumpy grass everywhere! Its more boring then my grandmas old socks! Use many tile types when making terrain. Also remember to make height in your map, a flat terrain is a dead terrain, no place shal ever be flat unless its a floor in a spaceship or whatever.
- There is very few creeps to train with, make sure there is both green, yellow and red dots balanced placed around the map, also make them drop items.
- The way between red and blue player is way smaller then the other way round, harder to move big armies over and easy to defend. Makes game unbalanced.
----------------------------------------------------
+ Originality. I like your idea, try to improve it. Follow my advices.

Its between 1/5 and 2/5, but i'l give you a chance and say 2/5.

Level 7
Thanks for the advice I did leave it purposly unbalanced on training and such though to make for interesting non orderly gameplay and not just base vs base but surprisingly enough when i play i like it when im teamed and my hero is the only left out of my base makes for really fun caution strategy but i see your points which are more clear than mine and yeah just crystals arent much but there isnt all that much in a crystal cave besides crystals :p, still thanks for your opinions i hope the map im currently working on will much more impress you. And im very busy but if i get the time ill try and put your suggestions into effect and fix some of it.