• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hiding the Attack Button without disabling attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone knows a trick to remove the attack button from the UI while still allowing the unit to have a visible attack damage.
I'm using a custom combat system, so units don't have to be able to attack, but they should still show numbers of their attack stats like 11-13 per example and an attack type.
I just want the "ability" to remove from the bottom right actions menu.

Level 12
Well uhm I guess you should know, since you were asking the same question about a year ago :p.
The method of disabling the UI will also disable the attack hotkey, so if you want that you have to add an invisible ability to detect the hotkey.

You could also add an ability based on Cargo Hold (Orc Burrows) with cargo size 0, which completely makes normal attacking impossible.

Level 19
Wow thanks, I completely forgot I struggled with it back then!
I never came to finish it and left the problem unsolved.

I added my old post to favorites now so I won't forget. ;-)
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.