• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hide Repair and Gather Ability Icons on Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello friends,

A quick question before my dad gets home.

How can I hide the repair and gather abilities from a hero who is required to be able to harvest lumber and build structures? I have tried playing with spell books and a few other methods but all futile. I found a post here with an attached map which worked on that map but I could not replicate it on my own and there was precious little explaining what was going on.

There are so few Icon slots that these two which are by this time so natural to all wc3 players that I feel the Icons are purely a waste of space.

Appreciate any assistance!

Got to run, can hear garage door opening.

Attachments

• SalemJassTestingGrounds.w3m
    802.3 KB · Views: 9

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Oh, I was under the impression that these abilities were only accessible through that file.

To hide any button, simply change it's Art Button Positions to x: 0, y: -11.

Attachments

• hide.png
    hide.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 18
Level 4
Oh, I was under the impression that these abilities were only accessible through that file.

To hide any button, simply change it's Art Button Positions to x: 0, y: -11.
Thanks Uncle - you have a big brain.

I cannot however put this value below 0 despite negative values being allowed in editor options? Is there a trick to this?

It's sort of similar to the damage to Tree which i wanted to make 0 but could not get below 1 in the Human ability Harvest - if there's some trick to achieve what you have shared a screenshot of that would be amazing!

Last edited:
I cannot however put this value below 0 despite negative values being allowed in editor options? Is there a trick to this?

It's sort of similar to the damage to Tree which i wanted to make 0 but could not get below 1 in the Human ability Harvest - if there's some trick to achieve what you have shared a screenshot of that would be amazing!
1. File->Preferences->General->Allow Negative Values: Check this option
2. Shift + double click the value you want to change. Now you can enter negative values! (I.E. devotion aura or endurance aura can be used to give negative armor/attack-speed/move-speed). Or just change button position to set any ability to hidden.

Level 4
1. File->Preferences->General->Allow Negative Values: Check this option
2. Shift + double click the value you want to change. Now you can enter negative values! (I.E. devotion aura or endurance aura can be used to give negative armor/attack-speed/move-speed). Or just change button position to set any ability to hidden.
Thanks guys this worked a treat, much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.