• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, long time fan of the game here and interested in making my own custom campaigns. The main reason I joined was the Curse of the Forsaken campaign videos. In the first mission there is a custom 3d animated menu with Sylvanas sitting in a chair.

N9JHqLr8

3d-menu-background.jpg

Is there a tutorial for editing the original 3d menu backgrounds?

3d-menu-background-ork.jpg

mhPc1LHq

Level 2
I followed the tutorial on importing models using NeoDex 2.7 but have ran into a problem. When I import the model there is no texture. Does anyone know how to fix this?
No-Texture.jpg

Level 2
Got it. Its a simple scene but I think it will work. It has the blademaster stand animation in front of two barracks. I looked but could not find a tutorial on how to export a scene for a loading screen. Does one exist or is it the same as exporting a custom model back into the game?

Loading-Screen1.jpg

Level 21
I don't really understand what you're asking. Are you trying to make a loading screen that changes between different textures (aka animated loading screen) or a 3d campaign menu background? If it's the latter, you might need to add a light source to the model, since all standard campaign menu backgrounds have several omnilights.

By the way, "Hi" is not an informative subject title for your thread. Also, two of your images in the first post are broken.

Level 2
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm trying to make a 3d campaign menu. I didn't know how to properly post images when i made this post hence the broken images. The reason for the "Hi" subject title was because I originally posted this in the introduction thread and it was moved to this section. Is there an in depth tutorial for making a 3d campaign menu? If there is would you please post a link to it? I tried to find one but the animated menu was the only tutorial that seemed to be what i had in mind. I would like to be able to do both but my main goal is the 3d campaign menu. I'm not sure what omnilights are. Do they come attached to the model when imported to another model editing program? If so I may have deleted them when I was editing the model. Thanks again

Level 21
Is there an in depth tutorial for making a 3d campaign menu?
I don't think so, but are you sure you even need one? They don't really seem that different from any other model, besides being spacious and a bit more detailed.
I tried to find one but the animated menu was the only tutorial that seemed to be what i had in mind.
The tutorial you linked shows you how to make simple loading screens with animated textures. As you probably already know, those loading screens are used for individual maps and are not the same thing as campaign menu background models.
I'm not sure what omnilights are.
Omnidirectional lights (aka omnilights) are objects within models, that, as their name indicates, cause the model to illuminate nearby objects and terrain. You can create/edit/delete them with War3 Model Editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.