• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Campaign refuses to load map after pressing a button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Custom Campaign refuses to load your maps in the C.Screen menu.

I have found a few small discussions about this problem via google, but none found a solution to this.

Why is it that a custom campaign sometimes refuses to load a map when you press the according button in the campaign screen menu ? The maps i am speaking of is perfectly functioning when used alone.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hm, okay, i think you're mixing this up now.
I'm not speaking of crashes or blackscreens in the transition between two maps or after finishing one and moving to the next, and i'm also not speaking of poorly triggered maps or ANY kind of mistake by the author.

I'm referring to a custom campaign simply refusing to load your map and throwing you back to the campaign screen "menu". - despite a fully intact and bug-free condition of your map. As i said in my first post: The maps work perfectly when NOT used inside the campaign itself.

Could it be that maps created with WE-Unlimited might cause this issue ?
The campaigns seem to have no problem with loading official maps, and "crash" MUCH more often with TFT-maps.

Level 3
I repeat, you are misunderstanding, the problem does not appear in moments when links and triggers are important. And please skip the "...", i'm not new to mapmaking and don't keep trying to load a map with obviously flawed triggers. I've had working campaigns running fine and smooth along with correctly linked map and transitions alike the TFT orc campaign, i know how to make these. Yet that was a few patches ago and before WEU. The problem only occurs since that and 1.20.

EDIT:

Problem found: Map size too big. The campaign editor ignores maps bigger than a certain file size.
If someone knows a proper workaround or tool yet, please do tell.

Last edited:
Level 3
Thank you =)
That'll help a lot, what i did to get this size was still using a lot of non-optimized development material - especially the sounds and music. I planned to fix this after testing it's campaign integration, but seems that has to be done first :p

I hope the optimizer is fully compatible with maps created by WEU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.