• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I just registered and felt that I should drop a thread in the Introduction section.

I'm Mat, and I've been playing Warcraft for a long time now, mostly passing the Campaigns dozens of times. I got into World Editor very late and by the looks of most forums, the game felt like it was pretty much dead, so I gave up on trying to learn the more "complex" parts of it, let alone pouring effort into making a map; and eventually gave up on Warcraft as a whole.

A few years later, having gotten the itch to play again, I checked Blizzard forums out - to find a new patch, Battle.net - to find that the game's still going strong, and now these forums which I've never even known existed - to find that the whole Warcraft/World Editor community is still more-less active.

So I decided, heck, I'll make an account, a random Introduction thread and see how it all goes. Hope I'll get to spend a nice amount of time around here.

Level 28
Hello and welcome to the Hive!

Yes, it's impressive! Warcraft never reeeally died. I've seen a lot of people say "this is a dead game, it's just a matter of time" since years, and yet here we are: a bunch of people still making new custom maps, models, skins, icons, new users registering, new patches being released (some old maps getting broken because of them =P), etc, etc. And we're not even the only modding forum, we're just the biggest english-speaking one. Also I'm not mentioning the melee community, that's still out there having championships, active streamers and stuff.

So yeah I hope you have a good time here and find what you need to your project (or check other people's projects) :D See ya around!

Status
Not open for further replies.