• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi...veworkshop lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, members of the Hive Workshop.

I'm Rhamos Vhailejh, and I've been gathering resources from this site for a goodly while now, and I've finally decided to join up on the forum, as my project is finally reaching a point where it's going to need a weeeee bit of help (this isn't a request, so don't mistake it as such; I'm going to be bringing that to the Requests section, appropriately), and because I'm probably going to want it to be hosted here when it's finished (likewise, this is not a hosting request - lol), so I figure I may as well get involved in the community, if only a little bit.

Warcraft related things aside, I'm in my early 20s and more or less stuck in 1996, I'm a linguist who creates languages, a pencil/pixel artist, a poet, a writer, something of a programmer, an NES/SNES/Genesis/MegaDrive/Saturn fanatic, an RPG fanatic, an Anarcho-Capitalist, a Monistic Idealist Pantheist and above all, a thinker.

I hope that you guys will welcome me to your most triumphant forum, and that I'll manage to make a significant contribution or two while I'm here, which those both inside and outside of the community can enjoy.

~ Rhamos Vhailejh

PS: It's pronounced vye-ezh (ʋɑi.ɛʒ). That's two syllables, composed of: 1) V, as in veil and Y, as in why; 2) Y, as in you; E, as in bed and S, as in pleasure. So yes, the the L is basically silent, and pronounced like a Y, which is barely intelligible between the I and the E. I'm just excessively complicated like that. lol

PPS: I would like to make a very, very minor complaint that ultimately doesn't really matter. When registering and setting up my profile here, it asked me what my favourite race in the Warcraft universe is... but my favourite race, Gnolls, were nowhere to be found in the pulldown list. =( Trolls get an extremely close second, so I picked them, but I'd have liked to have been able to select my cuddly Gnoll friends. </3

Level 12
Welcome to the hive, mate. As for your suggestion on the gnoll selection for favourite race, i do think that should be added. U can go to the Site Disscussion section to point out your opinion. :D

Level 6
Thank you very much, I was not aware that there was such a section. I will do exactly that. =) Does that sort of thing merit +rep? I know what it is, since I've been to this site on and off for almost a year already, reading posts all over the place, but I don't really know how liberal the applicable circumstances are which call for such action.

UPDATE: I've since answered my own question upon discovering the post regarding the Reputation system. If I interpret it correctly, your post would merit +rep, since I found it helpful, but it doesn't matter anyway, since I can't give +rep yet. lol

Level 6
Thanks a lot, Rui. I love Gnolls, what can I say? They're just... adorable. I want to go on a quest to hunt Gnolls, and then befriend them instead. And then infiltrate their Gnoll den, and dine upon their Gnoll feast, and sing along with their Gnoll songs, and ravage their Gnoll wome-- I mean, wait; no, that's not right... Ravage the Kobolds on their Gnoll raids! Yeah. That's what I meant to say. (Seriously though, I kid.)

Level 6
Thanks, GangSpear. I have already taught myself a great deal about triggers merely by messing around with the editor, and through simple logical extrapolation of the options provided in the pulldown lists. However, I'm sure I've still a great way to go to *true* mastery of the system. There are a few things I've been thinking about that I'd like for my project, but haven't been able to figure out how to implement (though I've managed to figure out most of it on my own, which is pretty ballin').
And yeah, I've read the rules; I'm trying to make sure I abide by them, 'cause I respect what you guys've got goin' on here. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.