• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
That's it. Hi!

I recently signed up here. I like stating the obvious. I have a wife and 3 kids. I play Warcraft. I'll offer help to anyone and I'll comment on anything. I usually only speak when I know what I'm talking about. But I'm not afraid of learning, trying new things and being corrected. In fact I actually prefer being corrected because it means I learn something and don't get "stuck in a rut."

I live in New Zealand, I have several large Wc3 map projects going at the moment, I work as a Postman, I'm a qualified Graphic Designer, I play on Battle Net quite often and my favorite genres so far are Night of the Dead AfterMath, Dawn of the Dead, Vampirism, Island Trolls, Battleships, Golem Tag, various TD's and interesting maps and gameplay. I use to play Dota but I haven't found many players that I like playing with, as most of the ones I've come across have zero patience, have zero to little manners, swear their heads of like the 12 year old boys they are, but I digress...

I'm increasingly getting frustrated with the politics of my country, I frequented Wc3Sear.ch, TheHelper.net Wc3Campaigns, I'm a born and bred kiwi with English / Irish / Norse / Scotish blood with Aussie relatives and an American curriculum - which means I spell things and get told it's not right in both countries. I like to keep things simple stupid but will expand where necessary and I know how to fill up an entire 200 odd words without actually saying anything, I enjoy working my garden when I'm not warcraft modding and I like peanut butter and jam (jelly for all you Americans) sandwiches whilst watching movies like Unleashed or Crouching Tiger Hidden Stork.

Thank you.

No seriously.

I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

Level 36
Jam rocks dude! Trust me, you think you have it bad with the Americans, try living in Canada xD Every time you try to talk to one of them they start making fun of you with horrible horrible stereotypes, eh at the end of every sentence., maple syrup etc. But just because I know that i'm more intelligent then them, and that i'm not morbidly obese like 98% of them, I can get by :) Welcome to the Hive. I did a project on New Zealand a few years ago, fascinating place, and I'd really like to visit there some day.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well, I'm glad someone competent, intelligent and polite has finally shown up for a change.

I'm interested in some of your work as a graphic artist. Pop by the model section anytime and feel free to show us, I look forward to seeing your work : )

Level 36
Yes as do we all, it's always nice to have a new member show up now and then that is:
1) Not a noob
2) A competent and (correct me if i'm wrong :p) intelligent person
3) talented in things other then spamming and being an idiot
4) That makes a hello thread that isn't 10 words and doesn't suck
5) that is a fan of peanut butter and jam :) Grape ftw :p

Level 36
Good to see another kiwi. I agree, the politics here are getting a bit on the strange side. They mak daft decisions and argue a lot, and other then that, nothing gets done. I do hope you spell colour in the correct manner for New Zealand.

Yes colour and favourite and grey. Don't forgot, all of us decended from England at one time and we all use that wonderful British spelling that Americans seem so very confused by. But hey, politics are like that everywhere. I don't think anyone is really satisfied with their politicians in the world right now...

Level 12
Hi. Welcome to a site full of immature teenagers, where you having a wife and three kids, are probably older than several members combinded and hopefully more mature than many. It's good to see that you are willing to listen to peoples' corrections seeing as quite a few members here don't.

And why does everyone have to hate on the Americans? Just because of Bush doesn't mean all Americans are stupid.

Level 36
Well, most Americans are exactly like George Bush, or worse, or better. I know Americans, and I have some American relatives, that are in fact intelligent, and are not morbidly obese. HOWEVER, I lost my respect for the general American public when they reelected Bush last time. That was absolutely uncalled for, and they're such hipocrites, bitching about how bad he is and then reelected him again. Oh and Camel I wouldn't be talking about age since you're not that old yourself :p

Level 3
:eek: Where did all that come from? Who was hating on the Americans? All I said was I get told that I spell incorrectly in both countries because I spell things American in NewZealand (Tire) and Spell Kiwi in America (Colour).

Both are correct.

Level 8
Yeah. welcome. I've only been here for, like a week and The Hive is a really nice site. Its is good to see a person who isn't a jerk and or n00blet ^_^

oh and Brad. If all Americans are retarded (retarded, like George Bush, ... same thing) then I better move to Canada because most people in Massachusetts are either wanna-be Gangsters or Innocent Law Abiding Democrats (<-- which I am (not the Gangster part BTW))

And yes I have found myself using cruel stereotypes against Canadians but about 2 years ago I caught myself and Ctrl + Alt + Deleted the bad habit. Oh And Yes, Americans are very fat. We are the Fatties. (my problem is not being over weight (i weigh 125lb) but that I don't exercise enough (due to my obsession with a certain game named Warcraft III and a certain forum named The Hive ^_^) Oh and I do believe saying that all Americans are like George Bush is a cruel and untrue (<- Bahh its pretty much true ) stereotype! lol. Have fun and Much Love ^_^

pandamanana out
beam me up Scotty

Last edited:
Level 36
I agree. A lot of Americans are overweight, however, not ALL of them, and some are in shape. Conrgatulations on being a democrat, if I had to choose an American party then I would vote Democrats (I'm far to extreme left wing myself). It is unfair and untrue if you say that all Americans are like George Bush, becasue yes, that is not true. It's jsut the fact that you people reelected him >.>

PS Your finest retards ain't got nothin' on them French xD

Level 3
Yah know...its funny. My real name means Gift of God. Everywhere I go in real and digital life its like...without even intending on doing so, I spark up a for/against, or a debate, or arguements. I'm beginning to think maybe God has a sense of humor ... "Here you go humanity. A match."

...:eekani: I find it weird cuz I'm a nice guy but people just flare up for some reason after i say something. My Dad has the same thing. He says it shows what's really in peoples hearts.

Oh and when I try to be funny I'm not, and when I'm not trying to be funny, I am.:eekani: So I usually just serious talk nowdays. :smile:

Level 7
Welcome to the hive.Most people on The Hive are friendly(all the people that posted are) and New Zealand FTW!Im pure american which i think is boring because i have absolutly no backround whatsoever.

I think America is nice if you forget about George Bush and any people who like George Bush(im democratic).

Anyways like I said I welcome you to the Hive and I'll probably ask YOU for tips on skinning.

~Ice~

Level 36
I think America is nice if you forget about George Bush and any people who like George Bush(im democratic).

That's what I like to hear! Democrats/Liberals ftw! Anywhozen, remember, you Americans have to come from somewhere, just like Canadians, because unless you're a native, you decended from someone who immigrated there from somewhere else :)

Level 7
I'm exactly a year younger than the wand mirror:p

OMG your one years old??? lol ^^

anyway, i dunno why in Graham all our burgers, chips and sausages, 1/5 people are proper fat slobs, so what, in american its 1/3 and wtf are they doin about it??

Hey kids, you wanna put on more weight?
Well you've come to the right place
Eating at Mr Slob's diner will make you put on 10 stone on a family meal!
So here our message! EAT AT MR SLOB'S

Level 5
Hello and welcome to the forums... I wonder if I am too new to give such a greeting:confused:...

Chubby kids everywhere, I am one of them. Morbidly obese kids even more-so common... Roles going over roles going over roles, cankles,

Status
Not open for further replies.