• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hi! I need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys but um... I've been playing a lot of rpgs lately and noticed how they made a save/load system. So I decided to make an rpg too but i'm having a big problem making a save/load system, I'm not good with jass, but I use blizzard's world editor not those jass or whatever it is so I was wondering if you guys can help me make a save/load for my map please? :] or just tell me what to do to make one. I'd appreciate it if you help. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :thumbs_up:
~darkseer1 (noobie editor)
Editted: I will rep you guys! =]

Level 18
JASS:
native MakeSaveLoad takes nothing returns nothing

If you barely understand the World Editor (which it sounds like) then making a save/load system isn't going to be something that I can simply "tell you" how to do. Its like asking "can anybody tell me how to do calculus?". There are a lot of things that come into play its not some simple-ass process that requires 0 work.

The idea behind save/load systems is using number-base conversions to store the values of specific information, such as a player's gold, unit-type, etc.. Basically what this means is that you're taking an integer like "1024" and converting it to something smaller, like "Z". This is a poor representation of the actual conversion but Google is there for a reason. Anyways, once you've "compressed" the integer values of your data you can then display the code to the user. Upon re-entering that code into the game, it will be able to decompress the save-code and transform it back into game information.

Level 12
If you barely understand the World Editor (which it sounds like) then making a save/load system isn't going to be something that I can simply "tell you" how to do. Its like asking "can anybody tell me how to do calculus?". There are a lot of things that come into play its not some simple-ass process that requires 0 work.

Wow. That's what I've been trying to say to people who ask questions like "heyz guyz how u get knockbak system, i dunno how to do cuz im new, pls help i don't kno jass or watever"

+REP for giving me an idea. :p

Wow. That's what I've been trying to say to people who ask questions like "heyz guyz how u get knockbak system, i dunno how to do cuz im new, pls help i don't kno jass or watever"

+REP for giving me an idea. :p

Owning! Try to search about a system related to what you want and try to learn from it before you ask. Then if you cannot understand it or have problems that's the time to ask. Anyway, its easier to use/implement and edit the existing save-load systems than making a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.