• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi all! Did Gaias map intently restrict CustomKeys.txt use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all! (edited question to a request... about enabling Customkeys)

I use CustomKeysAllA guide from some forum, not sure if it's from THW... so that it will (I thought it would) help me set up CustomKeys.txt for Gaias ORPG map.

It just didn't show what I should hotkey. Did Gaias purposely restrict Customkeys.txt use?

@3rd party programs. Delays and the distracting window made when the it aims/hovers on the key ruins it all. Just wondering, why can't we fully use it on the map?

Attached is the Customkeys.txt the forum was talking about.

My bad for sounding noob. I noticed the other top maps at hive, (maybe even majority of maps except for D*TA maps which I think is also popular) behave similarly with respect to Customkey.txt (I further explained this in this thread's post#3 or
#post2823332

Attachments

• CustomKeys.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Level 4
@reply: It's the CustomkeysAll.txt renamed, or at least that's what it's called from some warcraft 3 forum. It is such that if placed in WC3 folder, then play a map: for every ability the user seen in his display, it would tell (on tooltip) which ability id he has to put in corresponding ability id part of the final Customkeys.txt to customize it accordingly.

--

(edit) I'm sorry if I do seem demanding or anything at that level, but could the makers of Gaias Retaliation ORPG, widgetize then protect as some forums suggests, to cater to Customkeys.txt users?

On a few trials, an opensource uncompressed custom test map before being widgetized and only the non custom skills (cmdmove,etc.) were compatible with Customkeys.txt ...At a latter trial on the widgetized version of the same map, the Customkeys.txt worked and seemed mostly if not completely compatible with all the customized keys.

I really admire your dedication for the map. More power to you guys. I wish you could consider the customkeys custom skills compatibility.

Last edited:
Level 4
If I may bump...

Is it ok to request for widgetizing or may I ask if there are alternate ways (than using those AHK movemove hover delayed imagesearch hotkey tool)... idk maybe a .mix injector for custom.w3a ??? ...Some people would want to also be free to choose a custom hotkey and would want an alternate to these delayed imagesearch 3rd party programs. I hope I'm not demanding too much.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Why would you need a different hotkey layout anyway? It was designed on purpose to match the american key layout, as all OS support american key settings.
For example, in W10, all you need to do is click on the language selector next to the clock in the bottom right corner.

There are also apps that allow switching between keyboard layouts on the press of a button, so you can enable english layout when playing and switch back to your default whenever you are typing stuff.

Level 5
why is the question hidden and in black like this :D Whenever I hover over it it makes my head hurt >D

Level 4
Why would you need a different hotkey layout anyway? It was designed on purpose to match the american key layout, as all OS support american key settings.
For example, in W10, all you need to do is click on the language selector next to the clock in the bottom right corner.

There are also apps that allow switching between keyboard layouts on the press of a button, so you can enable english layout when playing and switch back to your default whenever you are typing stuff.

People need to personalize the button keys for preference or convenience or to comply with their own natural playstyle, yes?

To add from my previous post:
It will only work if Zwiebel's Gaias Team would be considerate to grant the request? I'm talking about the in-game Customkeys built-in option compatibility request.

Below are files I used for testing (I've never seen on any main searches that after widgetization of custom map, it will make normally incompatible custom spells with customkeys.txt compatible like it should be... Not after exploring out customkeys.txt to this extent):
When Customkeys is enabled, 1st map (it has WE abilities imported from Gaias), you can't custom hotkey A009 to the necessary file set up. 2nd map works since it's the widgetized version of 1st map. Basic Hero Lightbringer with cleric spellbook now has customkey Z (for ZXCV users) detected.

Widgetizer version used is the one uploaded now in hive.

Attachments

• Customkeys.txt
    297 bytes · Views: 103
  • A009 - cant be hotkey'd.w3x
    335.4 KB · Views: 90
  • A009 - now hotkey'd.w3x
    325.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 4
Look, I will not widgetize this map just to support some random 3rd party tool that does not work.

There is nothing in this map that prevents the use of CustomKeys. The maker of this tool needs to fix that, not me.

That's loud and clear to me that CustomKeys works with your map. I will try with other setups and such... to get it to work as you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.