• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question About A Pokemon Map...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Sorry guys, im new here, do not even know if its the right place to post such a question...

In case it is not, please move it on the appropriate section of hive.

So...

A short prologue.

I search a decent pokemon game for years coz nitendo....just can't do it...

Nobody can get the rights from them to create something decent and a few creations have tons of microtransactions ( from china side ) so i got a bit frustrated and that's why all my hope was left ( again ) in china for finally to meet a near perfect project... where else, in warcraft 3 of course :)

I have a huge collection of maps, but lately i decided to make after 2 years another research in... chinese ( google translate :p ) and what did i find?

I found this:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20529575/

and the map is this...

首页-魔兽争霸官方对战平台

The video above is just a sample...

I completely found this project out of major luck since i was only looking videos here and there randomly from google with what ever results i got from the random chinese words i wrote...

So....

To be honest, in the way i've learned playing pokemon ( through wc3 ) this is near-perfect experience even compared with any stand-alone game out there ( pokemon go etc)...

And finally to my questions....

This...discovery come at a cost...

China have made a whole new epicwar.com in their regional restricted ground...

Aside pokemon maps dz.163.com has thousand other non-accessible from west games...

But anyway, as for this map, the problem is that it cannot be played without starting warcraft through their platform (Net Ease)....

and so i cannot enjoy a pure singleplayer experience with... "Iseedeadpeople" xD

On top of that, i cannot use ( obviously ) platforms like hamachi to enjoy with other friends of mine the game and we really do have to pay for ping accelerator to play through net ease platform...

Is there any possible solution to make this map "unlocked" for any platform?

I don't like these kinds of restrictions, ok i admit chinese have big commitment to what they decide to do, they put effort they demand any creation of their for themselves but....

Before i give up on this..."Dream" lets say of finding a decent playable pokemon game, i want to examine all aspects first.

So...

Can it be unlocked to be played everywhere aside dz.163.com ?

One more thing, can a map be translated to english from world editor?

( All the above can also be with some kind of payment from my side, for now i only ask to know if it is possible to happen ( Translation and Unlocking ) as for the "happening", i'm not requesting at the moment )

Thanks alot in advance for any answer and i apologize for the huge wall of text.

The map i succeed on getting on my hands after installation of platform etc.. is the one at the attachment in case anyone want to examine and test if its "possible" without actually "doing" it.

Attachments

• C241727DDADCAE8FB69F1FC18533C8C7.w3x
    37.7 MB · Views: 90
Level 39
Can it be unlocked to be played everywhere aside dz.163.com ?
Probably not because the map is protected/optimized as to make opening it in the World Editor impossible, and the mapfile itself includes some custom natives that (presumably) are what stops the player list from loading in the lobby to actually start the game.

I was interested though, so I went digging. I found this post detailing a way to (maybe) get around that. Despite the mapmaker's attempt to obfuscate the map data files with generic names and the .xxx extension, I managed to find and extract the map's war3map.j file (attached below). In theory you just need to replace the custom natives with fake function declarations like the post I linked says and then just recompile the map. However, the war3map.j has a huge problem plaguing it: some of the " characters at the ends of strings are just... missing, which fucks up huge portions of the code and throws syntax errors when you try to parse it with pjass. I'm not willing to spend my time hunting through the file to fix all the missing " characters, but in theory that is possible.

The short answer is: no, there isn't an easy way to make this playable without a lot of work. And even with a fixed war3map.j I'm not sure you wouldn't find some other problem with the lobby section. That could be blocked/altered in some other way that can only be undone by actually opening the map and changing back some player/force settings that were altered to break the lobby in the first place. Maybe someone knows more about this than I do and can provide insight here.

One more thing, can a map be translated to english from world editor?
Absolutely not. Even if there was a way to automate this by parsing the TRIG_STR file and war3map.j, many of the Chinese characters don't have a direct translation that Google knows and it just spits back out the same characters you put in if you try to translate some of it so I think a fluent speaker would have to do it by hand. Oh, and then you run into exactly the same problem of needing to recompile and insert the war3map.j again, which is an assload of work as I stated above.

Attachments

• war3map.j
    5.5 MB · Views: 53
Starting with patch 1.30.1 all of Netease natives are now in the game.

In the past I have manually converted multiple Netease maps and replaced their functionality with my HTTP request hostbot. However after patch 1.30.1 all the maps should run out of the box due to the game having the natives defined internally.

The natives don't do anything however, but theoretically the maps should run.

Level 39
Starting with patch 1.30.1 all of Netease natives are now in the game.
These? (What's in this map's .j file)
JASS:
    native DzAPI_Map_SaveServerValue takes player whichPlayer, string key, string value returns boolean
    native DzAPI_Map_GetServerValue takes player whichPlayer, string key returns string
    native DzAPI_Map_Ladder_SetStat takes player whichPlayer, string key, string value returns nothing
    native DzAPI_Map_IsRPGLadder takes nothing returns boolean
    native DzAPI_Map_GetGameStartTime takes nothing returns integer
    native DzAPI_Map_Stat_SetStat takes player whichPlayer, string key, string value returns nothing
    native DzAPI_Map_GetMatchType takes nothing returns integer
    native DzAPI_Map_Ladder_SetPlayerStat takes player whichPlayer, string key, string value returns nothing
    native DzAPI_Map_GetServerValueErrorCode takes player whichPlayer returns integer
    native DzAPI_Map_GetLadderLevel takes player whichPlayer returns integer
    native DzAPI_Map_IsRedVIP takes player whichPlayer returns boolean
    native DzAPI_Map_IsBlueVIP takes player whichPlayer returns boolean
    native DzAPI_Map_GetLadderRank takes player whichPlayer returns integer
    native DzAPI_Map_GetMapLevelRank takes player whichPlayer returns integer
    native DzAPI_Map_GetGuildName takes player whichPlayer returns string
    native DzAPI_Map_GetGuildRole takes player whichPlayer returns integer
    native DzAPI_Map_IsRPGLobby takes nothing returns boolean
    native DzAPI_Map_GetMapLevel takes player whichPlayer returns integer
    native DzAPI_Map_MissionComplete takes player whichPlayer, string key, string value returns nothing
    native DzAPI_Map_GetActivityData takes nothing returns string
    native DzAPI_Map_GetMapConfig takes string key returns string

These? (What's in this map's .j file)

Yes, and many more. You will notice if you define these in a map they will run. However if you define a native that doesn't exist the map will not run.

Again, they don't do anything and are there simply for helping with compatibility for the developers at Netease.

Level 1
:(

I could not expect any less...

Chinese and Complication is the same term :p

Well.... I thank both of you alot for the time you wasted to check out my problem and give me the answer.

Nevermind...

It is a lost manshunt anyway....

Funfact is that many other maps ive tried work outside netease...

This is the only one that does not...

What a coincidence...

But aside that, as you said the next step (translation) would also be a major issue which would probably cost me a few...salaries of west civilization to be done :p

As I said, nevermind, I will stick with the rest of poke maps I have.

Think is that there's another amazing map that is quite similar in quality with the above and plays everywhere, even the latest version I found in netease (pokemon legends 1.1.4) plays perfectly, but to achieve any legendary pokemon you have to solve such riddles, meet correct conditions (in game), find and match the right item combination to make a legendary pokemon spawn while the whole game is written in chinese language...

Sniff sniff :p

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it.

A thumbs up from me :)

Edit: Crap, dunno how to add rep on any of you D:

If a mod could do it in behalf of me or make a pm on "how to" would be good :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.