• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey Hive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Hive!,

First of all, I can't wait to jump straight into this Workshop. I'm looking forward to experiencing everyone this site has to offer, as well as meeting all of the undoubtedly fantastic people that have made the Hive Workshop their home!

A little about myself would be a reasonable start, I'd assume. I'm 16 years old, and have been making and editing maps using the Warcraft III World Editor since I was around the age of 11. I've enjoyed every part of the five year journey, and now I'm ready to take it to the next level, which is sharing my abilities with what I recognize as one of the largest, and greatest, sites for Warcraft III modding.

I live in Australia, and have never moved from my hometown. I'm in my last year of high school, which is both daunting and exciting. Though the future does seem scary, I'm ready for whatever this great world has to offer.

As a side note, my primary language is English, but I am beginning to learn Spanish as a secondary language.

My talents include writing fiction, non-fiction and poetry, and I enjoy all three of these writing styles. I'm a fit, active and social person with more than a little good humor, as well as being one of the top students in my grade. I'm also humble... and witty.

As for my Warcraft III talents, I try to integrate my writing talent and interest into any maps I create, or anything else I do in the World Editor, and I hope there is a fairly big audience or request for stories or poetry here on this site. I assume I've reached a peak of non-imported terraining, and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with all of these new models and tutorials. I find myself fairly creative, and often my maps have originality or some unique aspects. Unfortunately, I have not found the time to get deep into modeling, advanced GUI triggering (if that's what it is called), JASS or vJASS (I'm not sure of the difference, and I'm not sure I will work on it for a while), or 2D art. The reasons being I've never done coding of any sort before, and I'm not that great an artist.

One last thing I'll talk about is my interests and hobbies. I'm both physically fit and active, and a strong gamer. My favorite games include anything from real time strategies (Warcraft III, Age of Empires, etc.) to MMORPGs (such as World of Warcraft or the Elder Scrolls Online). Some of my favorite games include: Warcraft II and III, Age of Empires II and III, World of Warcraft, any of the Elder Scrolls games from Morrowind to Online, Diablo II and III and, yes, Minecraft.

I hope I haven't dragged on too long. I'm looking forward to joining this community and learning everything I can to make my Warcraft experience better.

Sincerely,
Necziaxxus (On another side note, my real name is Brian).

TL;DR: I'm looking forward to joining the community as a story writer, poet, fair terrainer and/or idealist. I love sport and gaming, and some of my favorite games include Warcraft, Elder Scrolls and Diablo =]

Level 4
No problem =] Many a time a TL;DR is important =].

Thanks for the welcome! Of course, everyone is an idealist at some point =], and I'm looking forward to sharing both those talents and my writing talents with the Hive!

Hello Necziaxxus. Welcome to The Hive Workshop, please come in and make yourself at home.

Be sure to check out our site rules and you should be good to go.

My talents include writing fiction, non-fiction and poetry, and I enjoy all three of these writing styles.
This is the place for you then. Enjoy.

fair terrainer
I'll be spying on your terrains then >:D

Check out our site tutorials if you need more insight into what you'll be doing around. Have a wonderful day :)

Level 4
Hey Heinvers! Thanks and I definitely will make myself at home here!

I've already read most of the rules =]

Of course, I still have a long way to go when it comes to imports for terraining =]

Thanks for the welcome, and have a wonderful day yourself.

Level 4
Hello!

Hello fellow newcomer!

I think its cool that you play Warcraft II, WoW, AoE II and Minecraft, as those are games I really enjoy.

I hope you enjoy your stay, comment, and rate maps while you're here. I also encourage you to check out my works of art, some of which I would like more feedback for. I promise you I will do the same for you :goblin_yeah:

Happy [really late] Valentine's Day!

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey KommissarReb!

I love all of those games and I'm glad you do too =].

I have intentions of doing all of that, and I will also check out your works and give feedback where I can =].

Thanks, and you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.