• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero's and Their Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Heroes and Their Abilities

4869d1176245873-heros-their-abilities-herodeathknight.jpg

Death Knight: Extremely powerful hero, various helpful abilities, a little slower than the Death Hunters (Boots of Speed can be bought).

Abilities: Ghost Walk, Vampiric Strike, Spirit Plague.

Level 6 Ultimate, Vampire Bat: Summons a blood thirsty Vampire Bat from the nooks of the river that passes through this village. The Vampire Bat, the alternate form of the Vampire, has a hunger for blood and can sense your enemies positions with Echo-Location. Also has Feast and Truesight.

Level 12 Ultimate, Nether Prison: The most dark of any spell in the Death Knight's book; Nether Prison sends a target enemy Hero into an abysmal plane of the Twisting Nether. Here, the Hero's spirit withers in a cell where it is hampered relentlessly with demonic spells and attacked from all sides by Nether Spires. After 10 seconds, the Hero is pulled back into the world, but suffers from Insanity for 10 more seconds.

4865d1176244827-heros-their-abilities-heroarchitect.jpg

Architect: Strength based, melee hero. The Architect can build many structures that are extremely helpful in creating a good defense against the Death Knight.Your primary job is to provide a place of shelter to your teammates. Make sure that you're ready for the job though, because at the first sign of trouble your allies may run to your base.

Strucutres Built: Technology Center, Light Barricade (Upgrades), Bow Defense (Upgrades), Wheat Storage, Ancient of Healing, Trading Outpost, Recruitment Tent, House of Knowledge.

Abilities: Greed Smite, Golden Strike, Bravery Aura.

Ultimate, Archichaos: Creates 4 invulnerable Archichaos Magic Towers around the Architect that attack 2 times a second for 16 chaos damage each. Each tower has a 6% chance to stun an enemy unit for 2 seconds. The Architect does not turn invulnerable. Lasts 25 seconds.

4864d1176244827-heros-their-abilities-heroarcher.jpg

Frozen Archer: Agility based, ranged Hero. The Frozen Archer is extremely quick, eveasive, and can slow enemies with her freezing abilities. However, she has very limited hitpoints and a relatively weak attack.

Abilities: Iced Arrow, Vanish, Swift Shot.

Ultimate, Frozen Blast: Summons 12 powerful blasts of frost that radiate outward from the Frozen Archer, slowing units caught in their path by 30%. Each blast wave damages for 150 hiptoints. Crippling Frost lasts 10 seconds.

4867d1176244827-heros-their-abilities-heromage.jpg

Nature Mage: Intelligence based, ranged hero. Has many offensive abilities, and is a very good hero to use if you are planning on creeping solo. The Mage also has the ability to escape the powerful attacks of the Death Knight by binding himself to nearby trees.

Abilities: Nature's Protection, Nature's Fury, Storm Ward.

Ultimate, Lunar Owls: Summons 10 Lunar Owls to attack near by enemy units. The owls will follows the Nature Mage around revealing invisible units and dealing the mage’s intelligence in damage.

4868d1176244827-heros-their-abilities-heromeddoc.jpg

Medicine Doctor: Intelligence based, ranged hero. Has many helpful team healing abilities. A great supporting Hero whom is often very necessary in order to outlast the Death Knight. A great advantage to using the Medicine Doctor is that you'll be able to heal yourself when in need of valuable hitpoints!

Abilities: Wave of Restoration, Leech, Aura of Regeneration.

Ultimate, Sun Totem: Summons an immovable totem that heals 4% of a nearby friendly non-mechanical unit's hit points per second and burns nearby enemies for 40 damage per second. Lasts 15 seconds.

4866d1176244827-heros-their-abilities-herohunter.jpg

Hunter: Strength based, ranged Hero. The Hunter has several hitpoints, a strong attack, and is an extremely useful Hero to use if you are planning to go solo. If used correctly, this Hero has a great chance there is to survive continuous attacks from a Death Knight, but all the same is slower than the other Hunters.

Abilities: Tracking, Hunting Wolf, Drunken Rocket.

Ultimate, Beast Trap; The Hunter creates an immovable trap that binds 6 nearby units in an ethereal, unbreakable rope, dragging them towards the center of the trap where their life will be drained by a crippling poison.

19545d1198968996-heros-their-abilities-battlemage.jpg

Battle Mage: Agility based, melee Hero. The Battle Mage has a very strong and persistent attack, but low hitpoints and armor. This hero is best suited for quick in and out combat and dealing high amounts of damage in a short amount of time.

Abilities: Great Cleave, Lightning Fury, Arcane Thunder Clash.

Ultimate, Thirst of the Highborne: The Battle Mage, a descendant of the Highborne elves, takes on a insatiable urge to learn arcane magics. When learned, this ability adds a permanent bonus of 6 to the Intelligence of the Mage and gives an 8% chance to gain a permanent bonus to the Strength, Agility, and Intelligence from every kill made thereafter.

4870d1176245873-heros-their-abilities-heroscientist.jpg

Scientist: A very powerful, Strength based melee Hero--as many would say, the "tank" of the Hunters. The Scientist is able to withstand the Death Knight's attacks for a fairly long period of time and is by far the best Hero to use if you crave close-up combat. Very helpful in creating potions for self-support and confusing the Death Knight with holograms.

Abilities: Alchemy, Mechanical Hologram, Supercharge.

Ultimate, Halt Time: The Scientist enters a trance, lifting from the ground and gradually gathering energy from the air around him. He then slams the ground, unleashing all of the collected energy in a circular radius around him with such force that it stops time around him. Lasts 15 seconds, 10 on heroes.

Attachments

• HeroArcher.jpg
    HeroArcher.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 656
  • HeroArchitect.jpg
    HeroArchitect.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 921
  • HeroHunter.jpg
    HeroHunter.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 437
  • HeroMage.jpg
    HeroMage.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 575
  • HeroMedDoc.jpg
    HeroMedDoc.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 875
  • HeroDeathKnight.jpg
    HeroDeathKnight.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 767
  • HeroScientist.jpg
    HeroScientist.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 463
  • BattleMage.jpg
    BattleMage.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,508
Last edited:
Level 4
I don't know if this is where I should post this but for the Frozen Archer's ultimate she could turn everything into ice around her, slowing movement speed greatly and maybe have a starfall effect, except you could make it ice. It's just suggestion.

Level 18
I don't know if this is where I should post this but for the Frozen Archer's ultimate she could turn everything into ice around her, slowing movement speed greatly and maybe have a starfall effect, except you could make it ice. It's just suggestion.

This is sort of what I was trying to work on but couldn't finish on my own. I wanted to call it Frost Storm and it would do exactly what you said.

Level 4
This is sort of what I was trying to work on but couldn't finish on my own. I wanted to call it Frost Storm and it would do exactly what you said.

Yeah, It's kind of hard to do stuff like that though. If you can get ahold of Daelin I think he might be able to help you. He used to be a spell moderator if I recall correctly.

Level 4
They look nice. Slow Time looks kind of bland from what I can see. But that's just from the screenshot, which is kind of small. :thumbs_down:

Level 18
They look nice. Slow Time looks kind of bland from what I can see. But that's just from the screenshot, which is kind of small. :thumbs_down:

I'm deciding on exactly what the buff should look like... what do you think it should be? And the actual ability is pretty neat but it's not horribly complicated it all, for i'm not the best with making spells. A circle of light surrounds him and he lifts from the ground, then a bolt strikes him in air and he crashes to the ground, the lights explode around him and time is slowed.

Level 4
I'm deciding on exactly what the buff should look like... what do you think it should be? And the actual ability is pretty neat but it's not horribly complicated it all, for i'm not the best with making spells. A circle of light surrounds him and he lifts from the ground, then a bolt strikes him in air and he crashes to the ground, the lights explode around him and time is slowed.

Oh wow, that sounds pretty cool. :thumbs_up: As for the buff...I don't really know, you have a net now, that doesn't really have anything to do with time, or being slowed. It's hard picking out buffs. If a bolt strikes the scientist in the air maybe the buff should be something alone the lines of that? Maybe the purge buff.

Level 18
Oh wow, that sounds pretty cool. :thumbs_up: As for the buff...I don't really know, you have a net now, that doesn't really have anything to do with time, or being slowed. It's hard picking out buffs. If a bolt strikes the scientist in the air maybe the buff should be something alone the lines of that? Maybe the purge buff.

I use the purge buff in his ability "Supercharge". I just thought nets because it's representative of like a net in time.

Level 4
I use the purge buff in his ability "Supercharge". I just thought nets because it's representative of like a net in time.

Hmm...well in that case, I'm going to open up World Editor and take a look at buffs, maybe I'll find something.
BTW, that is a good idea with the net in time thing, makes sence.
EDIT: I sent you a PM with this to, but incase you didn't get it I'll put it up here.
I just got done looking at the Editor for some buffs, there's not a whole of suitable ones, but heres what I came up with...
Slow - Pretty self explanitory, its not very imagative, but still.
Cloud - I think this is pretty imaginative, it stops towers, so can't it stop humans/creeps? :p
Thunder Clap - Again, this is an iffy one.
Banish - This could be a good one, not sure, really comes down to personal taste.
Cripple - This also could be pretty good.
Rejuvenation - This is sort of a last ditch attempt, not very good, but suitable.
--------------
It really comes down to what you think it should be, these are just suggestions, you can stick with the nets, or whatever you want. I'm just trying to be helpful, it's always nice to have friends. :p I would go with the nets or cloud. Clouds color might be a little iffy, and I'm pretty sure you can't change that without an import. Banish and Cripple are also really good IMO, but it really comes down to you.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Ultimate ability for your nature mage. . .

Name - Forrest
Description - The mage uses his mighty power to instantly turn an area of desolate unusuable or even already used but not to full plant potential land into tropical forrest.
Effect - Changes the area of the terane in the target area to a jungle looking one and creates trees, bushes and flowers that quantity is random and based on how good the land was before the spell was cast. The forrest heals all units in the area by a small amount (weak tranquility from center) and every 30 seconds spawns a trent soldier that is a hero but with unit like properties which strength depends on the number of trees, agi on the number of bushes and int on the number of flowers and lasts untill the forrest dies. The forrest will also boost all units near by by 5 armor, 10% attack 10% attack rate and 1 hp/mana per sec regen. The forrest lasts forever but drains x (I do not know. . .) mana per sec to support and if the caster dies or runs out of mana the forest dies. When the forest dies all spawned flowers, bushes and trees are removed and the terane is reverted back to normal (as close as possiable) and all trents are given a 15 sec life time so unless another forrest is summened in that time they will die. The forrest comes free with 1-2 trents and costs X mana.
Use - Cast on an open are near combat and let an army build up while trying to wistain its mana drain. If it is draining too much and will soon die the minions can be sent kamkazie to try and deal as much damage as possiable. Also summoning in combat is good due to the 2 trents on cast and alll the bonouses gives all the team a good benifit. Also the trents can help act as a meat wall for when the amagedon thing or what ever happens.
Balence - Prety well balenced since the power of the trents is random so it is hard to know what will happen and the trents are not totaly rigged in power. It is also like a mana doom since you can not cancle it so it will always drain mana untill your out of mana. The healing is little and only while in the forrest so it might be wise to not fight in one as the DK. The ommited auras around it are balenced since it acts as a camp and a retreate from the DK and if it does attack you you will be stronger to try and kill it. As for cooldown balence I say 2-4 mins AFTER it expires to stop it being used to scare off the DK constantly. Also a penalty to any mana regenerating items should be added to stop the ability to perminatly own a forest 24/7 or else it will seriously damage ballence.

Well hope you like it since I can think of many more if you do not

Level 18
Ultimate ability for your nature mage. . .

Name - Forrest
Description - The mage uses his mighty power to instantly turn an area of desolate unusuable or even already used but not to full plant potential land into tropical forrest.
Effect - Changes the area of the terane in the target area to a jungle looking one and creates trees, bushes and flowers that quantity is random and based on how good the land was before the spell was cast. The forrest heals all units in the area by a small amount (weak tranquility from center) and every 30 seconds spawns a trent soldier that is a hero but with unit like properties which strength depends on the number of trees, agi on the number of bushes and int on the number of flowers and lasts untill the forrest dies. The forrest will also boost all units near by by 5 armor, 10% attack 10% attack rate and 1 hp/mana per sec regen. The forrest lasts forever but drains x (I do not know. . .) mana per sec to support and if the caster dies or runs out of mana the forest dies. When the forest dies all spawned flowers, bushes and trees are removed and the terane is reverted back to normal (as close as possiable) and all trents are given a 15 sec life time so unless another forrest is summened in that time they will die. The forrest comes free with 1-2 trents and costs X mana.
Use - Cast on an open are near combat and let an army build up while trying to wistain its mana drain. If it is draining too much and will soon die the minions can be sent kamkazie to try and deal as much damage as possiable. Also summoning in combat is good due to the 2 trents on cast and alll the bonouses gives all the team a good benifit. Also the trents can help act as a meat wall for when the amagedon thing or what ever happens.
Balence - Prety well balenced since the power of the trents is random so it is hard to know what will happen and the trents are not totaly rigged in power. It is also like a mana doom since you can not cancle it so it will always drain mana untill your out of mana. The healing is little and only while in the forrest so it might be wise to not fight in one as the DK. The ommited auras around it are balenced since it acts as a camp and a retreate from the DK and if it does attack you you will be stronger to try and kill it. As for cooldown balence I say 2-4 mins AFTER it expires to stop it being used to scare off the DK constantly. Also a penalty to any mana regenerating items should be added to stop the ability to perminatly own a forest 24/7 or else it will seriously damage ballence.

Well hope you like it since I can think of many more if you do not

This is very interesting, though I'm not sure if it's over my head. I believe that I could make it... but it would probably take a little bit of time. Would you happen to be any good with triggers? It's a really original idea. Good thinking. As of now he was going to have an ability called Elemental Prison which traps the targeted unit in a prison of the "elements", fire, ice, and light (electricity). I don't know if I will finish that though.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes I know perfictly how to trigger and make spells and I do all my work in jass but I do not have much time.
The major time consuming part of the spell is the terane changer since it has to store the terane for every square it changes then change it back to the exact vairant of the terane requiring the use of handle vars and a cleaver system for recording the data from a circular terane area into the chache and then restoring it exactly as the terane was. Also you have to from the terane generate some kind of number for the number of trees, bushes and flowers to spawn making it even harder.
The auras are easy and a dummy unit can be used.
The trents and doodads are also easy and im sure you can figure a way to do them.
So if nesscary dump the terane system and get straight onto the core system and use a fixed number with a random number added to it for number of the doodads since doing this will save ALOT of time.

I recomend you store the number of each doodad in a varable or handle cache to reduce the ammount of lag generated by having to cound all the doodads each time a trent is spawned.

If you do not know jass FORGET this spell since it is horriably complex and impossiable to make multincastable in GUI and will leak like a crappy loap and will ruin your map.

Level 3
Hey. I have an ultimate idea for the frozen archer...

Shatter Arrow: Upon striking the death knight, he is hit with a frost nova and slowed. The ice graphic stays. After about 5 seconds, the ice shatters, causing a number of frost novas all around the death knight, all of which hit him.

Initial damage: Roughly 200.
Slow %: 35
Roughly 5 novas released from the first, at about 30 damage each. Damage calculated separately.

Total damage: About 350.

Level 32
*revive*

[off topic] The new mini map update has led me here.

Since the spell contest idea seems to have been shot down, do you want me to move it to this forum 1)ark_NiTe?

Even if it's not ever "officially" approved in the arena you could still conduct it here at your leisure. The Hunter might just get his new ability yet!

Level 18
[off topic] The new mini map update has led me here.

Since the spell contest idea seems to have been shot down, do you want me to move it to this forum 1)ark_NiTe?

Even if it's not ever "officially" approved in the arena you could still conduct it here at your leisure. The Hunter might just get his new ability yet!

Sure Wolve, that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.