• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HeroOrcDeathKnight

This is a very basic edit (and certainly not my best work). This basically give you a Death Knight with an Orcish twist, it's simple, it works, and it's not much heavier in size than Thrall.

If anyone knows of a way of reducing the size of the model without compromising quality, in an easy way, feel free to explain how and I will attempt it.

Update 1: I downloaded MDLVIS and optimised the model, I must say it was an impressive reduction in size, from 173kb to 99kb! I also editted the Wolf Texture to be black, rather than purple.

Keywords:
Orc, Death Knight, Death, Knight, Orcish, Skeletal, Undead, Hero, Dead, Skeleton
Contents

HeroOrcDeathKnight (Model)

HeroOrcDeathKnight (Model)

Reviews
12:24, 17th Feb 2011 anarchianbedlam: Meh, It might be useful. works ingame. approved

M

12:24, 17th Feb 2011
anarchianbedlam: Meh, It might be useful. works ingame.
approved

Level 9
Okay this doesn't look like an orc to me. Only the hair, orcs have different armor and face style. You could also add some more animations like the spell throw from the standart Death Knight, the Spell animation could use a particle emitter. The wolf looks good, and the idea is good too, just try to change the face somehow to show it is an orc, and maybe give him thrall's armor or at least his shoulders, anyway that's how i see this model.
Every pencil has it's color and taste. 4/5 Good.

Level 15
Well, the skull I used is from the Skeleton Orc model, and I did attempt to add new animations to the model, but the models didn't work with the bone structure and it looked like he was having a spasm fit. I did originally have it using Thrall's armour, but it ended up looking like an Undead Thrall, which wasn't really what I was after.

I feel the death knight armour suits the idea I had, to make a Wc3 styled Death Knight that happened to be an Orc. :)

Thanks for the comments though.

Level 9
Well, the skull I used is from the Skeleton Orc model, and I did attempt to add new animations to the model, but the models didn't work with the bone structure and it looked like he was having a spasm fit. I did originally have it using Thrall's armour, but it ended up looking like an Undead Thrall, which wasn't really what I was after.

I feel the death knight armour suits the idea I had, to make a Wc3 styled Death Knight that happened to be an Orc. :)

Thanks for the comments though.

I see it more, like a skeleton wolf-rider; that doesn't matter, the model is interesting and your work is good, strive for more.

Level 15
Funnily enough, I just hosted up a Skeleton Raider, so it seems your wish for a Skeleton Wolf-Rider has been fulfilled! And I am striving for more, going for a rather adventurous Undead creation at the moment ^-^

Level 5
Looks Pretty Good... and probably a important aquisition to the undead faction...
4/5 for you...
Like was said before, about the Orc Wolf Raider's appearance, he have done well, you must remember that Alive Orc is very Different to Skeletal... Skeletal dont have hair, is not far too strong (appearance), because he is a skeleton lol...
and off course, if he dont have flesh he is not capable to use heavy armor... or his bones willl be crushed...
Anyways
Good one!! ^^
4/5 + rep for you

Level 9
I would like to suggest the head being either a pale version of a Grunt or a Skeletal Orc model just because then it would look more orcish :) good work though

Review:
+Great Idea
+Model Works
+/-Could be modified for more authentication.

3/5