• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroism!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So using the bloodlust spell from the horde, I wanted to create a heroism spell - simple enough. Except that I want it to be a heroism spell from WoW. Oddly enough, I couldn't find one, and I was wondering how to make heroism be an AoE instead of single target - particularly for it to have the same radius as like... battle roar. Bear in mind that I'm still new to the the WC3 editor and I'm not that savvy when it comes to programming so, thoroughness in directions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

So you basically want an AoE Bloodlust?

Make a dummy ability based off of flamestrike, no damage and no effect, unless you want one
Make another dummy ability based off of bloodlust with a 0.00 cooldown
Make a dummy unit with no model and "locust"
Make 2 variables one group array called "TempGroup" and one point array called "TempPoint"

Use This trigger.

• Heroism
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit finishes the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (ability being cast) equal to (Heroism aoe dummy)
    • Actions
      • set TempPoint[0] = Target Point of (Ability being cast)
      • set TempGroup[0] = Pick every unit within (aoe here) of TempPoint[0] matching Unit is dead equal to false
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Owner Of Unit(Get Triggering Unit) facing 0
      • Unit - Add a (2.00) second (Generic) expiration timer for (Last Created unit)
      • Pick every unit in TempGroup[0] and do actions
        • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Orc warlock - Bloodlust (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup[0])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint[0])
Or if it's aoe without selection replace
  • set TempPoint[0] = Target Point of (Ability being cast)
with
  • set TempPoint[0] = Location of (Triggering unit)

Last edited:
Level 6
You are probably going to have to make the ability with triggers. Unless you can find an ability that already does what you want.

1. Use battle roar as a dummy ability. (dummy ability information is in every spellmaking tutorial almost.)

2. Add the ability item-attack speed increase to units around the hero with triggers on casting of your dummy ability.

3. Tell trigger to remove the ability after x seconds or when the battle roar buff leaves.

4. Learn all about leaks and how to remove them.

An alternative is to request in the spell request section for someone to make the spell for you. You will want to post alot of spell detail and either have them put it directly in your map or learn how to import spells.

Above post works too. He posted while I was typing mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.