• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes Legacy 1.13

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Heroes Legacy 1.13 (Map)

Reviews
19:48, 22nd Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 9
Hi!
I've played through your map, briefly
Here's my review @_@
Review

-Nice models there
-Your minion don't really match your towers and buildings, since your buildings looks a bit alien-like
-Both team uses same buildings....?
-You might wanna improve your terrain, it looks, plain....

Level 5
Definitely a decent AoS map, considering it's your first one. Will review more in-depth later.

The hero abilities seem heavily influenced by the abilities from DotA heroes! Speaking of which, you should add a system from which players can track their minion kills and denies.

A brief assessment of the tooltips revealed lots of grammatical incorrections and inconsistencies; you should really work on those if you want your map the be more professional. I'll let you know specifically which ones when I do the review later.

Good luck and keep the work up :)

Level 3
Thanks alot of the advice. I'll fix my grammatical incorrection, if theres any grammatical incorrection that you found please tell me though. I'm not really good at English :) I'll be Thank you if you help me with those error :)

Oh' and the denie minion system I have added will only works when a minion's HP is less than 20%.

Level 5
Couple major issues:

• Some AoE spells deal damage against towers
  • -Repick works anytime in the game

Level 3
The major issues that you have mention:

-Some AoE spells deal damage against towers
--Repick works anytime in the game

Is now solve. Only the following AoE spell will damage the tower:

-Magic Blast [Emboros]
-Spirit Release [Necro]

And -repick trigger will be turned off after 30 seconds, so no repicking could happen after 30 seconds :)

The new issue is that I have a hero with two Wind Walk. When one Wind Walk is used the other Win Walk also count its cooldown. How can I solve this problem :(

Last edited:
Level 4
Wow. The coming of an excited new map maker with potential and actual skill is here. Surprises me. Awesome. The only thing that could make this situation any better is if he spoke 100% fluent english. However, he is quite much more fluent than the other new map makers, so it's good.

Level 6
map seems interesting testing now :)

EDIT: ok here is what i got, i played it couple of times to make sure.....

The Bad Stuff:
- if its dota like, make it look like it -_-
- both teams same towers models...
- middle towers toooo close
- nutrals chase you for a long time -_-
- Nutrals have purge thingy which will R*pe you hard -_-
- Creeps all melee? :S
- Items got confused, looked like dota, but guess what i had other items :S

The Good Stuff:
- new dota map :)
- terrain [+]
- models are great
- more items i guess from dota?

Suggestions:
- add range creeps
- change tower model for the other team
- add more nice heroes
- add more items i guesS?

Map is good,
Rate: 3/5
Rep: 1+
Vote: -

Last edited:
Level 5
Can you remake "Kael" . . . Skill so awful with all of his spell , str +15 agi +15 int +15 and ultimate is all status +30 . . .i don't know how to say . . .

i can tell for sure no matter how much stats increasing i think active or passive skills still look valuable than this.

and almost all intelligent hero you give them only damage spell. So when the late game come , their skills will become useless.

Level 30
Map Review

Untitled.png

Heroes Legacy. An "Aeon of Strife/AOS" styled map that has HON (Heroes of Newerth) and DotA (Defense of the Ancients) courses, a map created by [[Sorrow_Soul]] and DragonTales which the person has two accounts?, hence, The game is on the horizon for new come ups and destined changes for the future.

Heroes Legacy 1.04

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/590-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/580-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/560-70%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The game is ridiculously imbalance! a better originality perhaps? everyone can make a really good AOS map that does not need an interference with the infamous DotA and right-hand majordomo HoN. and secondly, your game lacks empowerment, on a late game, some heroes doesn't have a chance against others who had the abilities to do power damages from weaker ones, you must do something with this one Lad!

Playability

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Like what I said with the "Gameplay" section, refix or should I say start again on scratch for you to visualize better concepts of your game, would you rather let this game be played only once, twice or only just one time because DotA is better than yours? If I were you, I'd return back to the Thinking Board.

Terrain

addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Your Terrain is just, wrong! your terrain idea is about a snowy warfare right? how come there are green forest trees that were placed in your map?. and your doodad placings are inferior, do something about this, maybe more doodads and synergies environments would do a good combination for your map, if you still don't get what I'm trying to say, you better play Rexxar (Orc) Campaign Act III: Theramore Isle, see how it was made, and that would be your blueprint.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
By the final product of your game, I'd say "More Work!", creep camps were made to help players to gain extra gold and exp and to coup against stronger opponents in the game, not make the creeping unbearable to stand, and blindspots, exit routes, passageways are a must in AOS maps, and finally, the boss raids, two Golems? isn't that such an easy to say "I can kill two same bosses in just 1 minute". I mean make different types of bosses on your game, not just desame ones. you can think more ideas for your boss raid, then do it!

Bug/s

Even though your map is in dire need of changes, I observed no bugs for now.

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
6/2065%F

I must say, everything will end well if you can make more changes for your map, me and my friends, we don't like it very much not just because of DotA, but for team work, strategic roles, and mostly, well-done cosmetics. and there you have it. just do more improvements and your on with the big boys.

Reviewed by Midnighters
Triggers/Scripts
The triggers look okay, they seem to resemble DotA far too much, which makes me think that you have just taken a version you found unprotected, and changed the terrain. Which i can tell isn't the case, since there are triggers that are not the same. How ever, perhaps you should work on making the game a little less "DotA" like, and work on making it into something unique..
Object Editor Work
A lot of the items and heroes resemble DotA's, and as I said above, you should work on originality, because people won't want to play it a lot if it is basically a clone of DotA with a different terrain.
Terrain
Now, onto the subject of terrain. The terrain is decent, but in some spots, it is a bit flat, or looks scratchy, such as places where you used the walls. The walls make the paths look a bit bad, since the could not possibly destroy the walls, and go through the trees, which is a useful strategy.
Gameplay
Personally, I do not like the gameplay, since I am not a fan of AoS maps, but that aside, the gameplay is not balanced, some spells are over powered, some heroes have too much power, and a lot of items look like clones of DotA, but a lot less balanced.
Final Judgment
Overall, I give the map a rating of 2.0, Vote for Rejection

Level 5
- Is it intended that units can phase through buildings?
- Suggestion: Increase hero model sizes! Right now, they seem comparable to that of creeps.