• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Assault 1.13

Reactions: Cakedog345
Ancient Assault Version 1.13

m.jpg

Introduction
Player Number: 12 (3 on 3 on 3 on 3)
Map Genre: Melee
Language: English

Game Play
All Players starts the game with an ancient. This ancient is your mobile base (because you up-rooot it). Their are not that much units (actually their just 3 standart units: range, melee, air and some summoned units), but in diffirent ways you can add abilities to those units. Runes are spawning regulary in the map. You have to pick up them with your units and to bring them to you ancient. Your ancient can use them to learn spells.

To play this game, you need a realy good micro! I played it several times in the Battle.net and each time I lost :( because my micro is bloody bad...

All Units

mm.jpg

Runes
There are different runes in the game. There are not categorized in elemental classes or things like that, they just have their own powers.

example:
The "Wood Wood Rune" adds the ability "Wood Worm" to your treants when they are being trained. This ability allows them to decreases damage and armor of enemy units and even lifepoint regeneration!

Download Link:

Download Ancient Assault 1.13

I hope you like the map and give enough comments so that I can improve my map's game play.

Keywords:
Melee, AoS, aos, ancient, treant, runes, felwood, magic, mana, GLB,
Contents

Ancient Assault 1.13 (Map)

Reviews
19:29, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Approved with a 2/5 (Lacking) rating. You can find my full review at post #6.

M

19:29, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Approved with a 2/5 (Lacking) rating.

You can find my full review at post #6.

GLB

GLB

Level 8
I up-dated my map. I balanced it and I hope you will test my map.
I created this map who doesn't like melee maps that are imbalanced because of the hero. In this game, there are no heros. Only treants and ancients. But you can add spells and abilities to your treants and ancients. Therefor you need a very good micro to battle.

Thanks for giving comments.

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Ancient Assault 1.13

Ancient Assault 1.13 is a mini game or a miscellaneous map type, deffinetly not an altered melee. Basically, you take control of a tree of life and a small army of treants. Your goal is to defeat the enemies in a 3v3v3v3 play, or how you arange it.

The terrain was average, actually better then in most maps I played, however there is always room for improvement. The water in the middle is square like on the edges, and generally it misses variety.

The idea and gameplays is fun, however the constant paths to get water get annoying. It is original, however you should make the containers for water bigger.

There should be more build options, more units and buildings. Especially units. You could perhaps add some heroes to enhance it, it would make the game better for sure.

The units and the tooltips are done well. And if I recall I didn't have a problem with hotkeys.

The packaging is well, however you must put the images under hidden tags, and credit the creator of the skeleton archer - treant asap.

GLB

GLB

Level 8

First of all, thanks for approving! :thumbs_up:

The terrain was average, actually better then in most maps I played, however there is always room for improvement. The water in the middle is square like on the edges, and generally it misses variety.

I have never been good on terraining. Perhaps I will change the terrain one day. It's not the first time people tell me Ancient Assault's Terrain is weird. ^^ But as I said, I am working on a new project at the moment, which has got the priority. When one day I have got nothing to do, I will improve the terrain.

There should be more build options, more units and buildings. Especially units. You could perhaps add some heroes to enhance it, it would make the game better for sure.

More units and buildings? Okay no problem. I will change that. But no heros! Actually, I wanted to create a no hero map, cause heros always make maps a bit imbalanced.

The packaging is well, however you must put the images under hidden tags, and credit the creator of the skeleton archer - treant asap.

I am realy sorry. It's true I should have given credits for these beautiful models.